What's the price of the new vr?

anon(52425)

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
I haven't seen it either but I would think they'd keep it at the same price at the previous, 99 bucks. And the old will drop in price.

pwscott

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
One of the many launch videos I watched said it was $99 and showed the included USB Micro adapter that makes it compatible with the Note 7 on USBc as well as backward compatible to Note 4 and 5. Sorry I can't site the source right now, watched a lot of them after I pre-ordered.

anon(52425)

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
Are these worth it? I have never seen one of these in person.
100 percent yes. I am a huge VR fan. Some find it cool and then stop using it after a couple of weeks. I use mine constantly. And the new one improves on the downsides to the previous.

Pass through charging is welcomed news. And the darker color with home button is a great addition. For 99 bucks it's a great buy. Was hoping for a free one with purchase of note 7 but I'll still gladly pay for the new one.

Try one in store. I think you'll totally enjoy it!

Shepx13

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
100 percent yes. I am a huge VR fan. Some find it cool and then stop using it after a couple of weeks. I use mine constantly. And the new one improves on the downsides to the previous.

Pass through charging is welcomed news. And the darker color with home button is a great addition. For 99 bucks it's a great buy. Was hoping for a free one with purchase of note 7 but I'll still gladly pay for the new one.

Try one in store. I think you'll totally enjoy it!
What do you use yours for, mainly?

longy003

Jul 20, 2016
Visit site
So, this may not be the place to ask. But i will be considering buying the new VR onces my Note 7 arrives. But....I dont actually know what i can do with it. I have seen them and watched a demo video in one, but thats it. Someone above mentioned watching Netflix in it? How does that work? Are you watching a tv show in 360?
Can someone give me a little dot point idea of what things are possible with a VR headset?

Android Optimizer

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
So, this may not be the place to ask. But i will be considering buying the new VR onces my Note 7 arrives. But....I dont actually know what i can do with it. I have seen them and watched a demo video in one, but thats it. Someone above mentioned watching Netflix in it? How does that work? Are you watching a tv show in 360?
Can someone give me a little dot point idea of what things are possible with a VR headset?

I'm in the same boat as you. I'm debating getting the new (2016) Gear VR to use with my Note 7, but haven't used Gear VR before. This forum doesn't seem to have much on Gear VR, and most posters seem to direct people to vrhead's forum.
From what I understand (and I may be interpreting this wrong) the image displayed on the screen through the Gear VR (on the phone) will be of you in a surrounding of your choice (with different options depending on what program you are using). In one instance you may be sitting in a movie theater, another in a high-end living room with large tv, a beach, or whatever place you have chosen with a screen somewhere in the picture displaying the video you intend to watch. In other cases it can make the the entire screen (of whatever you are watching) take up the entire view-able area of your goggles.
Here are a couple of Gear VR links people seem to point to:

Everything you need to know about Samsung Gear VR | VRHeads
VRHeads Forum
Samsung Gear VR - VRHeads Forum
Buying a Gear VR - VRHeads Forum

Guessing whatever case people are using on their phones (if any) they have to take off the phone before they attach it to the Gear VR. (Also wonder how screen protectors effect the viewing experience).
I'm kind of surprised Samsung doesn't have any promotion going for people that pre-order their new Gear VR? (Where's the incentive to buy one Sumsung?)

longy003

Jul 20, 2016
Visit site
Awesome Response. Thanks for the forum links, will begin to read over them. I have convinced myself to buy one, I have read the experiences are great. I'd just love to know of some awesome things to watch with them etc.

Android Optimizer

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
Here is a video of a guy navigating the viewing room of the Gear VR. After that video ends (in YouTube) there are a bunch of 360 videos. If you are using a phone or tablet to watch the videos you can drag your finger around on the screen to turn the screen and view things from a different angle.

Edit:
After viewing many of the videos that show things from the VR and 360 perspectives I'm pretty close to ordering one of the new ones, so that I'd have it to play around with when my phone comes (or roughly around then). Question is for those of you who purchased the previous model did you pre-order it, was there any promotion at that time, was there a promotion after it was released? (Wondering if waiting to see if there are any promotions after release would be worth it).

Last edited by a moderator:

anon(52425)

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
Here is a video of a guy navigating the viewing room of the Gear VR. After that video ends (in YouTube) there are a bunch of 360 videos. If you are using a phone or tablet to watch the videos you can drag your finger around on the screen to turn the screen and view things from a different angle.

Edit:
After viewing many of the videos that show things from the VR and 360 perspectives I'm pretty close to ordering one of the new ones, so that I'd have it to play around with when my phone comes (or roughly around then). Question is for those of you who purchased the previous model did you pre-order it, was there any promotion at that time, was there a promotion after it was released? (Wondering if waiting to see if there are any promotions after release would be worth it).

Yeah. It was free with my S7 Edge. It's not this time.

Last edited by a moderator:

Android Optimizer

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
Why not wait to buy it? Samsung is always giving away like $20 store credit with a new phone.
Do you mean if you bought your phone directly from Samsung, $20 coupons in the box with phones (even if you purchased from a carrier), in an e-mail after you register your phone, or something else?

longy003

Jul 20, 2016
Visit site
So as i was doing some more reading on this, i went back to the Samsung Aus product page. Noticed a 'Shop now' button that im positive was not there last time. So I clicked it, added it to my cart and just processed my order.
Now, it didnt say pre order......i thought these were not release until the 19th with the Note 7......I will keep you updated to see if it gives me a shipping time frame as it progresses.