Target preorder : Get $100 gift card plus $200 gift card for smartphone trade in (specific models)

MisterEd

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Talked to my target, they only got 1 silver ATT model in. He said they had no idea when the others will be shipped as they showed as back ordered. Thanks AT&T! Maybe if you didn't have to use your garbage packaging, you'd be able to ship on time!
ATT doesn't change the packaging. They are packed to ATT spec when the phones are manufactured at the factory..

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
ATT doesn't change the packaging. They are packed to ATT spec when the phones are manufactured at the factory..

Wasn't like this for the S7 devices. They had much nicer packaging, the same as all carriers. Not this ugly packaging for the note.

Posted via the Android Central App

MisterEd

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Wasn't like this for the S7 devices. They had much nicer packaging, the same as all carriers. Not this ugly packaging for the note.

Maybe you misunderstood me (or maybe I misunderstood you). Some folks think that ATT gets the phones at their warehouses then has people here in the US take them out of the Samsung boxes and puts them into an ATT boxes which supposedly holds up delivery to stores etc. THAT is not true. They may very well have different boxes but that has nothing to do with availability since they are "boxed to order" by Samsung in Korea during their production run for ATT..

aalcant2

Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
Didn't get an email but I called the target I placed the pre-order and they had received some. The guy said I could go get it anyway. I'm in Illinois

Burtonpopo

Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
Got my note 7, just wanted to share my experience:
I preordered but didn't get an email (yet). Called multiple stores and finally found one that had stock, ask him to hold it for me. I then called my preorder store and they said they didn't get any yet. So went to the store that I got to hold one for me.

Target charges 399$ for a Verizon two year contract upgrade.
I traded in an old iPhone 4s we had sitting at work. Got 200$ gc for it no problem. Used the 200$ toward the $399 so phone was 230ish after taxes. Got the additional $100 gc after all was said and done, and it couldn't be used toward phone purchase.

The while process took about 2 hours, the guy at target mobile was nice but didn't seem very knowledgeable, but I was able to watch the entire process on the computer and even had to correct him a few times lol. The long part was it took verizon an hour and change to approve my activation for some reason. So we sat around waiting for them for a long time.

The regional manager happened to stop by and check on the store and I talked with him and he said only 3 stores in his district didn't get phones today, and they should be filled throughout the upcoming WEEK! He was very happy that only 3 stores didn't get some phones, said that was very good for a launch.

So target preorders blow. You don't get crap guaranteed. If I was waiting on a preorder still (well I am, but now don't need it) I would start trying to find other stores with one in stock. You don't need preorder to get 200 gc and 100 gc

TL;DR
Target Verizon 2 year price: $399
Can use $200 gc for phone price, but not $100
They take any old phone on their trade in list. IPhone 4s was valued at 40$ on the trade in checker, but still got 200$ when buying new phone
Target preorder system is a lie.

Good luck folks!

Pippinsky

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site
Got my note 7, just wanted to share my experience:
I preordered but didn't get an email (yet). Called multiple stores and finally found one that had stock, ask him to hold it for me. I then called my preorder store and they said they didn't get any yet. So went to the store that I got to hold one for me.

Target charges 399$ for a Verizon two year contract upgrade.
I traded in an old iPhone 4s we had sitting at work. Got 200$ gc for it no problem. Used the 200$ toward the $399 so phone was 230ish after taxes. Got the additional $100 gc after all was said and done, and it couldn't be used toward phone purchase.

The while process took about 2 hours, the guy at target mobile was nice but didn't seem very knowledgeable, but I was able to watch the entire process on the computer and even had to correct him a few times lol. The long part was it took verizon an hour and change to approve my activation for some reason. So we sat around waiting for them for a long time.

The regional manager happened to stop by and check on the store and I talked with him and he said only 3 stores in his district didn't get phones today, and they should be filled throughout the upcoming WEEK! He was very happy that only 3 stores didn't get some phones, said that was very good for a launch.

So target preorders blow. You don't get crap guaranteed. If I was waiting on a preorder still (well I am, but now don't need it) I would start trying to find other stores with one in stock. You don't need preorder to get 200 gc and 100 gc

TL;DR
Target Verizon 2 year price: $399
Can use $200 gc for phone price, but not $100
They take any old phone on their trade in list. IPhone 4s was valued at 40$ on the trade in checker, but still got 200$ when buying new phone
Target preorder system is a lie.

Good luck folks!

Thanks for that. I'm pissed at Target. Don't allow a preorder if you can't fulfill it. Bottom line. And when it eventually rolls in a week from now, will samsung still have the watch or memory card available for me?

cbaus

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
I got a call saying they didn't get the black ones but had an extra silver. I passed.

I got pretty much the same story. I am waiting on the black one. Hopefully it doesn't take too long. The guy at target had no idea when they would get black ones in stock.

Droid Husker

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
I haven't gotten a phone call or email from Target yet, but had some errands to run and my pre-order store isn't real far away, so I just decided to stop by. Didn't have my black pre-order in, but did have at least one Silver AT&T model that wasn't spoken for.

Asked about my pre-order and said they would probably get it in tomorrow, but the person also didn't seem to actually know, seemed to just be guessing based on other phone launches.

Could have gotten the Silver, but decided to hold off and see if my Black one comes in tomorrow. If it doesn't, may just go ahead and get the Silver, but haven't decided for sure.

On the trade-in, I asked about my HTC One M7, and was shot down. I did, however, get the okay on my BLU Life One X, so I'm good to go there.

Gsxr151

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
Seems odd they would receive more today, but if they do let us know. I'd be curious if anyone else gets their target phone today.

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Maybe you misunderstood me (or maybe I misunderstood you). Some folks think that ATT gets the phones at their warehouses then has people here in the US take them out of the Samsung boxes and puts them into an ATT boxes which supposedly holds up delivery to stores etc. THAT is not true. They may very well have different boxes but that has nothing to do with availability since they are "boxed to order" by Samsung in Korea during their production run for ATT..

Oh no i understood what you was saying. But while I agree AT&T didn't do the packaging themselves, I would think they may have had some input on it. Just wondering why its like this for the note and not the S7. Like who made this decision.

Pippinsky

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site
Seems odd they would receive more today, but if they do let us know. I'd be curious if anyone else gets their target phone today.

I bet they don't show up for several days. Or weeks. Just am frustrated and not sure who to be mad at. Sprint? Target? Or Samsung? for not having my preorder on release day.

MisterEd

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I bet they don't show up for several days. Or weeks. Just am frustrated and not sure who to be mad at. Sprint? Target? Or Samsung? for not having my preorder on release day.
Just guessing here but I'd bet AT&T Corporate gets a humongous bulk shipment from Samsung then decides (depending on how high the demand is AT THEIR STORES) how many they want to send to the non-AT&T Corporate retail stores because that is where they make the most money as they aren't wholesaling them out for a much smaller profit. AT&T Corp stores get first dibs If you look around in their stores they all have them. 3 local ATT Corp stores have plenty of stock around here.

bhop42

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
I preordered as well. I called the Target where I did the preorder and they didn't have it in stock and still don't as of this post. Luckily a friend of mine preordered 2 of them at another location and I was able to use 1 of his reservations. I bought a used AT&T LG G3 for $50 and traded it in, got the $200 gift card toward the new phone, and a $100 gift card after activation on a new 2 year Verizon contract. The guy had trouble finding the AT&T model number on his computer but I was able to find it on the Target trade in website. Very slow process but it was definitely worth it. Don't forget your receipt you need for the Samsung promotion. You have to upload a picture of it on the promo website.

Droid Husker

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
Brief update on my saga. Went back to Target today, and they actually had gotten a few more phones in, including a Black AT&T Note 7 (they also had at least one from another carrier, saw the different box, but not sure what it was for). I was all set to do my upgrade, and get my new phone, and suddenly I'm told I can't use my phone as a trade in, despite being told just last night that I would be able to do it.

Now I'm trying to figure out who at Target to call and complain to to see if I can get the gift card that I was told I could get just last night. The phone is listed on the trade-in website and everything, so I'm not sure why they are denying it. If I can't get it figured out soon, I'll probably just end up taking the Sam's Club deal, which I had done a pre-order for before I heard about the Target deal, and got a phone call earlier today saying that my phone was in.