Why does the Note 7 have USB Type C charging?

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
To be clear, Qualcomm asserts there is a small charging speed difference, if that is what you mean. Maybe I interpreted our post wrong ..

https://www.qualcomm.com/products/snapdragon/quick-charge

View attachment 234421

Oh, awesome. I hadn't seen that image before. I was going off of their previous statements "Quick Charge 3.0 is engineered to refuel devices up to four times faster than conventional charging. It is designed to charge twice as fast as Quick Charge 1.0 and to be 38 percent more efficient than Quick Charge 2.0. Now consumers can spend even less time charging, and can grab and go more quickly". 13% increase in speed isn't bad :)

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Oh, awesome. I hadn't seen that image before. I was going off of their previous statements "Quick Charge 3.0 is engineered to refuel devices up to four times faster than conventional charging. It is designed to charge twice as fast as Quick Charge 1.0 and to be 38 percent more efficient than Quick Charge 2.0. Now consumers can spend even less time charging, and can grab and go more quickly". 13% increase in speed isn't bad :)

Now if only the Note 7 had QC 3.0 :)

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
The weird part is that on the press release on Qualcomm's page on the launch of the Note7, there was this at the bottom.
"Galaxy Note7 features Qualcomm Quick Charge 2.0 and 3.0. The version varies by markets."

https://www.qualcomm.com/news/relea...m-powers-next-generation-samsung-galaxy-note7

I know, it's odd. Then on another section of the Qualcomm site, it lists the Note 7 as 2.0. On the A/C podcast, the guys were talking about 2.0, so that seems likely at this point. Who knows .. :-/

Blacklac

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
There is no difference in speed from QC 2 to QC 3. Atleast on my G5. Verified with a DROK USB monitoring device.

Posted via the Android Central App

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
I know, it's odd. Then on another section of the Qualcomm site, it lists the Note 7 as 2.0. On the A/C podcast, the guys were talking about 2.0, so that seems likely at this point. Who knows .. :-/
Only way to find out for sure is when we get our devices.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guylenn49