Always on display now allowing 3rd party notifications

the game 161

Banned
Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
Samsung usually introduces new features with Galaxy S smartphones and then refines them on Galaxy Note smartphones. One such feature is the Always On Display mode that was introduced with the Galaxy S7 and S7 edge. Now, Samsung has released an improved version of the feature with the Galaxy Note 7.

The Galaxy Note 7 comes with Always On Display v1.7.12 pre-installed, and it supports third-party app notifications. Earlier, notifications from only stock apps like S Planner and Messages were allowed on Always On Display, and many consumers requested Samsung to allow third-party apps. It’s great to see that Samsung is listening to at least some requests from its customers.

Via Sam mobile

Billie100

May 21, 2013
Visit site
I would love to see some examples of these changes, it's quite annoying on my S7 to only get a few notifications and not the ones I really want from my 3rd party apps.

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
"Always On" is ONLY useful if all notifications can be shown. Samsung did good with allowing more 3rd party app notifications to show. Otherwise, it'd be more like a teaser feature.

Posted via the Android Central App

Dhawk1202

Nov 14, 2014
Visit site
I really wish it was like the moto display! That was done right! I'm assuming that's impossible for patent reasons, but I can dream.

Sam_Gs7

May 27, 2016
Visit site
:) That's good News. The feature is useful until certaind Degree. It shows
notifications entries. Let third party apps to managed is welcome,.The
AOD=AlwasysInDisplay turned On apps if you carry thePhone
in the pocket. Happens toMe. Hope these apps dobetter job

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
This is great news!

Wonder if they might make it so that I can set it to pulse and/or make it similar to Moto Display where a gesture can wake the screen for a bit in a low-power state and show my notifications.

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
"Always On" is ONLY useful if all notifications can be shown. Samsung did good with allowing more 3rd party app notifications to show. Otherwise, it'd be more like a teaser feature.

I disagree with the ONLY part. It is still very useful as a clock or calander. 3rd party apps allowed is a bonus but i use mine mainly for the clock.

It will be nice to see 3rd party apps used, like fb messenger.

Ive actually turned off my led light just because i dont need both.

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
I'm hoping this comes to the S7e as an update!

It should, after the note7 has been out it should hit the other phones.

When marshmallow hit my daughters note4 she could do screen off memos, which had previously been a note5 feature only.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kaeros85