Paying retail price at best buy with Verizon

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site
Hey guys i really need some help. I have a two year upgrade available with my family plan with verizon BUT my family wants to move away from verizon as soon as all our contracts are up. So i must buy a Verizon note 7 full price. I also want to buy it at Best Buy since i have $275 in BB gift cards. The Verizon rep at BB told me I can only preorder it if i sign up for a monthly payment plan or 2 yr upgrade... he will not let me pay the best buy retail price ($799 i think?) to preorder.

What should i do? Is it possible that I'll be able to walk in store on the 19th and buy the phone and get the 256gb microsd without preordering in advance?? Im afraid theyll be sold out. Thanks a lot for your help all

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
I had the same issue. My Best Buy won't let you buy outright either. It's kinda annoying. However, if you order online, you're only allowed to get the gear fit 2, and I wanted the SD card. I'm gonna see if maybe they'll let me swap it, but who knows.

anon(52425)

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys i really need some help. I have a two year upgrade available with my family plan with verizon BUT my family wants to move away from verizon as soon as all our contracts are up. So i must buy a Verizon note 7 full price. I also want to buy it at Best Buy since i have $275 in BB gift cards. The Verizon rep at BB told me I can only preorder it if i sign up for a monthly payment plan or 2 yr upgrade... he will not let me pay the best buy retail price ($799 i think?) to preorder.

What should i do? Is it possible that I'll be able to walk in store on the 19th and buy the phone and get the 256gb microsd without preordering in advance?? Im afraid theyll be sold out. Thanks a lot for your help all

Buy it online. Use your cards online too. And then give that rep the middle finger.

Android Optimizer

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site

That's odd lots of people have said they bought the phone in full from Best Buy. You could try other Best Buy's, go in at a different time of he day (if you went in the morning go late at night instead). You can also buy it directly from Samsung and they'll send you the memory card win your phone (instead of needing to submit a form).

cruiz1022

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
I bought my Verizon Note 7 from Best Buy full retail with no problem. I'll never buy my phone at a store full retail, last time I did that at Verizon I felt hassled to do the "edge" plan or whatever it's called for Verizon.

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
That's odd lots of people have said they bought the phone in full from Best Buy. You could try other Best Buy's, go in at a different time of he day (if you went in the morning go late at night instead). You can also buy it directly from Samsung and they'll send you the memory card win your phone (instead of needing to submit a form).
That was my original plan, but they're backordered until September.

stronggeek

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
At best buy? With the 256gb microsd?

I pre-ordered (full retail) online with best buy last week.

And after they sent me the email (that same evening) I went to the store and they gave me the watch.

Then I politely asked if I could have the 256gb card instead and they were kind enough to exchange the watch for the sd card

So I'd give it shot though as you know YMMV.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site

Verizon rep probably gets more commission doing a contract/payment plan for you

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12