Galaxy note 7 display beats s7, takes top spot

bellamyepl

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
Me likey.. Nice find.. I couldn't bring myself to read the original article.. Just looking at the layout of that article brought me back to middle school when web pages looked like that and made my eyes burn lol..

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Wow, the praise in the article was quite effusive.

"The Galaxy Note 7 provides many major and important state-of-the-art display enhancements, with mobile OLED display technology now advancing faster than ever,” Soneira concluded. “The Galaxy Note 7 is the most innovative and high-performance smartphone display that we have ever tested. It leapfrogs the displays on the Galaxy Note 5 and Galaxy S7 to become the best performing smartphone display ever.

The phone offers the widest color gamuts for current content, the highest peak brightness, highest contrast rating in ambient light, highest screen resolution, highest (indefinite) contrast ratio, lowest screen reflectance, smallest brightness variation and viewing angle. DisplayMate found improvements in almost every test comparison against Samsung’s previous flagships, including the Galaxy Note 5 and the Galaxy S7."

Last edited:

Che Minati

May 11, 2014
Visit site
Great read can't wait for my Note 7..thought the screen looked a tad bit better than my s7 edge in person..turns out its really an extra beastly OLED display..lol Good sh*t Sammy

Posted via the Android Central App

ctk4949

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Geez iBGR, why you have to have the word crapple phone in the heading?!?!?!

Wow peak brightness is 1048nits!! Thats almost 200 more than my S7