The n 7 battery is fine!!!!

climb

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
Loving the demo models of the N 7!

Too.... much.... anxiety out yonder about the "ONLY 3500 mAh" Note 7 battery.......it will be FINE - it will be the Bee' s Knees!!! (that means good...... for you young'ins!!! )

I was one of the die hard OMG....... I'm gonna die or move to another planet crowd with the non- replaceable battery from the Note 4 > 5.

With sensible changes in my charging habits, the still just fine QC 2.0 quick charge, the battery saving N 7 resolution reduction option, not to mention my tried and true Samsung "oh so sleek" 5200 mAh external charger, I've never looked back regarding battery life

Once you grow up....... you can never look back.....NEVER!

And, I am most definitively a power user !!!!

Now it's down to the beautiful Coral Blue or the my goodness how can it look any sexier...... Black N 7!

The 19th cannot come soon enough!!!!!

Posted via the Android Central App

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site

Too.... much.... anxiety out yonder about the "ONLY 3500 mAh" Note 7 battery.......it will be FINE - it will be the Bee' s Knees!!! (that means good...... for you young'ins!!! )

I was one of the die hard OMG....... I'm gonna die or move to another planet crowd with the non- replaceable battery from the Note 4 > 5.

With sensible changes in my charging habits, the still just fine QC 2.0 quick charge, the battery saving N 7 resolution reduction option, not to mention my tried and true Samsung "oh so sleek" 5200 mAh external charger, I've never looked back regarding battery life

Now it's down to the beautiful Coral Blue or the my goodness how can it look any sexier...... Black N 7!

People will complain no matter what. They could have put a 4000mah battery in and people would complain "Why didn't they put a 5000mah battery in? it is a never ending cycle.

Rmbrown1964

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
People will complain no matter what. They could have put a 4000mah battery in and people would complain "Why didn't they put a 5000mah battery in? it is a never ending cycle.

This is very true! I'm excited can't wait!

NotAnAppleGuy

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site

I'm not gonna carry a proton pack with me to keep a phone charged. While I understand your enthusiasm, my issue had always been that RECHARGEABLE BATTERIES degrade over time. If the battery is perma-linked to the phone guess what?

Posted Via Galaxy Note Edge. Yea, the phone is perfect...

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
I'm not gonna carry a proton pack with me to keep a phone charged. While I understand your enthusiasm, my issue had always been that RECHARGEABLE BATTERIES degrade over time. If the battery is perma-linked to the phone guess what?

Just about all new phones will have batteries "perma-linked" to the phone, as you say. Fewer and fewer have removable batteries, it is the industry direction at this point. I have come to terms with it.

seafoodlover88

Aug 10, 2016
Visit site
If only you experience what battery life is like on the S7 edge international version (non snapdragon variant), you would be singing a different tune.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

You do realize the battery can be replaced, right?

boufa

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I preached this in the other battery thread... so I shall speak it hear too.....

Lay eyes upon thy apps, for it is from them where battery evils lurk.

Ok, maybe I over stated it. However the great divide between people who love a battery and those who hate it are typically battery eating apps (that no one wants to admit ..."nope not my problem I am only running the official Facebook app") and signal strength, especially on LTE... (" I am on wifi, I am fine" ... ummm, no. Your device is searching for signal, even on wifi.)

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site

I am already guessing this might be an extended warranty issue down the road.

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I preached this in the other battery thread... so I shall speak it hear too.....

Ok, maybe I over stated it. However the great divide between people who love a battery and those who hate it are typically battery eating apps (that no one wants to admit ..."nope not my problem I am only running the official Facebook app") and signal strength, especially on LTE... (" I am on wifi, I am fine" ... ummm, no. Your device is searching for signal, even on wifi.)

Very true about battery sucking apps. I never get great battery life because bluetooth, gps and wifi are always on. I am trying though to get in the habit of closing all apps unless I am using them.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Very true about battery sucking apps. I never get great battery life because bluetooth, gps and wifi are always on. I am trying though to get in the habit of closing all apps unless I am using them.
Hmm.. There might be another issue for you then. I don't keep wifi on now but used to keep all that on all the time.

I keep several apps up and running all the time.

Some apps do so much in the background they use battery when you aren't using them. There are battery optimizations that you can make an app not connect the network unless you open it or stop connecting after so many days of it not being used.

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site

True dat, but then again running those apps are often the very reason some people (like me) are still searching for what the Note series used to be famous for - an all-day no-holds-barred productivity device.

I have days when I'm in meetings all day long - and those days are frequent. With the Note 4, battery longevity is a question of how many batteries I can fit in a pocket, and wearing out a battery in 6-8 months means nothing to me because they are $20 each. 18 months in, I'm on my second dead battery, running a brand new (third) one, with a swappable spare in my pack.

I'm sure the Note 7 will have fantastic battery life - for the first 6 months. Then after 6 months of heavy use it would join my Moto X and Moto X 2014 in the drawer, unused because I can't get through a day of use and the battery replacement procedures (if it's anything like the Note 5, S6, and S7 series) make replacing a laptop motherboard look simple... and I'll have to either duct tape a battery pack to it or go back to the Note 4.

I love everything I am reading about in regards to the Note 7. If the iFixIt writeups on replacing the battery come out and it looks like a Nexus 7 - style battery swap, I'll be throwing money at my screen until one arrives.

But if it's like the battery replacement of the S6/S7/N5 series or the Moto X series, then - nope, for everything else I love about the Note 7, if I cannot actually use it for work, then I have no practical use for it.

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Hmm.. There might be another issue for you then. I don't keep wifi on now but used to keep all that on all the time.

I keep several apps up and running all the time.

Some apps do so much in the background they use battery when you aren't using them. There are battery optimizations that you can make an app not connect the network unless you open it or stop connecting after so many days of it not being used.

Can GSAM do that?

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Can GSAM do that?
It is very limited now. Back with KitKat I think, the changes were made that getting good detailed info needed root.

If it is a specific app, likely GSam will pick it up. If it is something generic, it could raise your Android System on GSam. That is hard to identify, it is kind of a dump bucket for a lot.

If it is bad enough and you want, Wakelock Detector needs root or plugging your phone up to the computer and downloading a couple of things on your computer. I've not used it on a non-rooted device, but I've seen others run it and post results.