When my Note 7 arrives....

Rob.G

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
This isn't really a Note 7-specfic question, but since it involves a Note 7, I figured why not.

But when it arrives, and I start setting it up, how do I prevent Google from automatically wanting to reinstall all of my applications? I'd just as soon go through and pick 'n choose them myself, as there are a bunch I don't use anymore.

Thanks!

Rob

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
This isn't really a Note 7-specfic question, but since it involves a Note 7, I figured why not.

But when it arrives, and I start setting it up, how do I prevent Google from automatically wanting to reinstall all of my applications? I'd just as soon go through and pick 'n choose them myself, as there are a bunch I don't use anymore.

Thanks!

Rob

After you enter your Google account information during the initial setup it asks you if you want to restore from a previous device or setup as a new one, I'm almost sure that if you select to set it up as a new device, it won't install any app or settings you previously had.

Rob.G

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
Thanks! I hope so. Reason I asked was the two times I reset my Note 3 over the last year or so, it has just gone and started reinstalling stuff. I don't remember if it asked me about setting up a new device.

slopokdave

May 31, 2010
Visit site
You can choose which apps you want to download from a previous install, and it will go to the play store and fetch those for you. Or like he said, just choose none of them and do a new install.

keepnitreel

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
In another thread you said your N3 was very laggy... When was the last time you cleared your cache? I never cleared mines in the years that I've had it and never realized that the cache was reaching 16 gigs, wow... after I cleared the cache, my N3 is back to normal

Rob.G

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
Hmmm!! I don't think I have. Where do I do that? I remember seeing a cache setting for individual apps, but not the whole thing.