Will it be possible to import the 6gb ram China note 7 to the U.S ?

Aug 10, 2016
Visit site
I Pre ordered the coral blue through at and t already. The idea of not having the best version of the phone makes me angry and At and t is going to charge me 880 plus tax over 2 years.. im thinking importing it from China for 1000 would be okay.. Is this possible? will it work on AT and T ? Only con would be shipping time and having to pay upfront..am i wrong? Any input is appreciated. THANKS

(The chinese version gets 6gb ram and 128 gb storage as opposed to the U.S 4 gb ram and 64 gb storage)

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
It depends on which bands the device supports. You can always import it if you want, but most of the time Chinese versions will not be (fully) compatible with US carriers, especially in the LTE bands.

Here's AC's take on that:
So it could happen, just don't expect it anywhere in the West. And if you absolutely must have a 6GB Note, expect some serious trade-offs in an imported Chinese model — no bundled Google services, and incomplete LTE band coverage, meaning it might not work on all carriers in your home country.
Will there be a 6GB Samsung Galaxy Note 7 with 128GB of storage? | Android Central

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Even if you could, I would suspect that it isn't certified for Google Play, and therefore wouldn't be compatible with Google Play Store.

Aug 10, 2016
Visit site
Thats unfortunate.. i dont want to lose functionality... and/or not be able to use LTE or anything else.. i will have to settle for the U.S version.. a part of me wants to get the black one, but seeing how it will atleast be in a slim case..im going to stick with blue. THANKS GUYS !

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Also international versions don't have warranty and IIRC, Samsung USA won't even repair them if you pay and the Samsung in the country where you bought it, won't repair it.

badMojo69

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
Sure import it. Let me know what you're going to do in the next year or two with 6gigs of RAM.
Also when you go to sell it let me know how much you get for it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
szcad