Flat screen note 7

bertsirkin

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
My only issue with the "edge", and it may not be an issue at all - won't know till I get it - is that it can be a real pain with the N5 when I hand the phone to somebody to show them a video, etc., and they grab the edges, but also barely touch the screen to select something else. It happens all of the time. With the edge, it just seems like that would be unavoidable.

spotnjack

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
I am OK with the edge, my concern is getting a tempered glass screen protector to work well and cover the whole screen

That's my biggest concern. My wife has an S6 edge+ and we went through three tempered glass screen protectors. None of them would sit down in the middle of the screen, making her not happy at all. If there was a case on the phone with the screen protector, it was even worse. I finally just took the screen protector off altogether.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I do. Most are saying the edge is subtle but to me its the same exact edge as on the edge version. I think people are mixing up the design of the casings. The Note 7 housing is much better designed and a accommodates the edge much better.. Makes it less sharp and unconfortale. At least from my personal observation. ..

Posted via the Android Central App

Compare them in store. The curved area is less to the point ticker apps would not be legible on the side. There is no real edge to use for it.

PlaybookFanatic

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
My only issue with the "edge", and it may not be an issue at all - won't know till I get it - is that it can be a real pain with the N5 when I hand the phone to somebody to show them a video, etc., and they grab the edges, but also barely touch the screen to select something else. It happens all of the time. With the edge, it just seems like that would be unavoidable.

The phone, oddly enough, isn't as clumsy in that department this go round imho. I have basketball player hands, and I didn't set off the edges yesterday. I was impressed.

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
I don't know if you guys have noticed, but in the news section comments about the Note, all of the Edge "haters" have mostly gone silent.

Something tells me a few of them have actually played with one, and realized that they were wrong lol

I didnt like the idea of an edge only note, i bought an s7edge and have got used to the edges.

Playing with the note7 in store several times i really like how they did the edge on the note.

If same spec offerings were available in flat or edge i would still pick the flat, however the edge only isn't an issue for me anymore.

After seeing the otterbox defender re design for the note7 i am hoping it works as good as it looks, because i still want good protection!

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
There really is not a data functional edge on the N7. More like a slighted bezel curve. No edge for the design premise of the edge data function- Ticker style apps that need an actual wide enough surface to be legible.

The other apps seem superfluous since the same thing can be done on flat surface displays by left or right side swipes.

As mentioned before, the only apparent curve functions for the N7 are aesthetics and hand fit.

Compare the 7E and N7 and this is apparent.

Last edited:

nonie

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
I was also hoping for flat note 7, but after seeing, edge doesn't look bad.
I know it's 5.7, but in my opinion with edge, phone doesn't seem like that big
But also I know the no bezels make measure 5.7.
Since I'm coming from 5.1 screen. I sure notice the difference. 😉

Posted from Android Central.
on Samsung Galaxy s5

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
djaa7