Drop Test [4K]

cjones

Feb 18, 2010
Visit site
That was really hard to watch. Can't believe someone would do that to their new Note 7. CRAZY!

Posted via the Android Central App

treedabl

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
Not sure what was supposed to happen. You drop a phone on the ground and it will be damaged. It actually held up better than I thought it would. The bottom line is that you should put a case on your phone.

xxaarraa

Aug 16, 2016
Visit site
The bottom line is that you should put a case on your phone.

Huh no. There are many of us that want to use phones naked, like the manufacturer made them and intended them to be used. What's the point in buying the latest and greatest sleek phones or tablets and immediately covering them up in a cheap rubbermaid case? Sorry, most cases look tacky and cheap and take away from the user experience.

I am always interested in drop tests so I know the risks involved when I eventually do drop the phone. That's why we have something called insurance.

slackerjack

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
My problem with these tests are that they're sequential and that's not indicative of a phones durability other than to some jankey, clumsy ****** who repeatedly drops his phones from different heights.

If you drop a phone in 100% condition...it will result in a completely different effect than if you'd dropped that same phone, from the same height on the exact same vertical as a phone with a crack already in it.

This is yet another mellinial stupid thing people do to rack up YouTube subscribers...utterly useless. If you want to do true drop tests...buy 10 phones and drop them separately....then do tests for the "ultra uncoordinated" if you like.

Posted via the Android Central App