Can I simply move my SD card from my Galaxy S5 to my new Note 7?

tntiger

Aug 10, 2016
Visit site
The title says it all . . . Can I simply move my SD card from my Galaxy S5 to my new Note 7? I am going to get the 256Gb SD card after I receive my new phone but would like to use my old SD card until the new one arrives. I plan to move Smart Switch to move everything else. Any problems doing it this way?

Thanks!

nonie

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
The title says it all . . . Can I simply move my SD card from my Galaxy S5 to my new Note 7? I am going to get the 256Gb SD card after I receive my new phone but would like to use my old SD card until the new one arrives. I plan to move Smart Switch to move everything else. Any problems doing it this way?

Thanks!

Att sales lady, said no. Would need new one for it

Posted from Android Central.
on Samsung Galaxy s5

nonie

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Probably. But Sims cards have never cost me anything.
Guess it depends on size of Sim and I might have to on this one. Lol.

on Samsung Galaxy s5

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
What happens if you have apps on the SD card? Would it cause any issues if you put the card in the new phone and didn't clear the apps? Like what would happen if I move the add to sd card. Would it link with the existing or start a new one? Just curious. I'm not planning on doing this since 64gb will be enough to keep my apps locally but wondering if anyone knew.

Posted via the Android Central App

keepnitreel

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
The op clearly stated SD card and not SIM card.... Never ever do business with the AT&T sales lady that gave you that bad info...
Both phones take a micro SD card and will work in either phone.....

nonie

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
I need to apologize to everyone, I misread the question. I'm sorry.

I had Sims card on my mind and that's what I was talking about not sd card.

on Samsung Galaxy s5

maf113

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site
What happens if you have apps on the SD card? Would it cause any issues if you put the card in the new phone and didn't clear the apps? Like what would happen if I move the add to sd card. Would it link with the existing or start a new one? Just curious. I'm not planning on doing this since 64gb will be enough to keep my apps locally but wondering if anyone knew.

Posted via the Android Central App

Any apps on the SD card will not be available on the new phone. They will just be sitting there taking up space.

tntiger

Aug 10, 2016
Visit site
I decided to wait for the 256 GB card to arrive. As soon as I have it I will copy the files that I want to keep from the old SD card and then wipe it to give away with my old phone. It's all good!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante