OWNERS: What do you LIKE about your Galaxy Note 7?

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Dat screen :D.

It's crazy bright! I was doing some errands today and pulled out my phone to get to my shopping list and was blown away how legible the screen is in direct sunlight.

I'm glad to have an SD slot again even though I gave all my old ones away.

TheLegoJoker

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
Display is amazing coming from an iPhone 6s plus! Also tried Samsung pay tonight and got my $20 gift card. I liked Apple pay but Samsung pay is far superior. It even worked on the portable tablet scanner at the Verizon store when I went to get a car charger. The Verizon rep was as impressed with it as I am!

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Re: Note owners: What do you LOVE about your new device

The screen is excellent. I'd say it's the best screen I've seen on a mobile phone. Compared directly to my HTC 10, it looks better than the 10's screen. I think from now, everything should just be AMOLED.

While I'm still not a fan of AMOLED and will do most anything to avoid it, I will say I've been impressed with the one on this phone. It still doesn't display pure white, but it's the closest of any AMOLED I've come across so far. Side by side to my G4, it's close, but I still prefer my G4's screen over it.

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
Re: Note owners: What do you LOVE about your new device

While I'm still not a fan of AMOLED and will do most anything to avoid it, I will say I've been impressed with the one on this phone. It still doesn't display pure white, but it's the closest of any AMOLED I've come across so far. Side by side to my G4, it's close, but I still prefer my G4's screen over it.
Yeah I haven't been a fan of AMOLED displays for the longest time, but this one has converted me.

IMO best screen I've seen.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
It's stunning. Very comfortable to hold. Still playing setting up, going to Verizon after work tomorrow for screen protector

Posted via the Android Central App

Stealthieone

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
I like many many things, but I will just list the surprising things for me so far:

- I love the Blue Light filter. It was a revelation last night, I must say.

- I am trying the Edge Panels today, and you can really put a surprising amount of cool stuff there. Shortcuts to camera modes (selfies, etc), shortcuts to directions home, other useful stuff. I didn't think it would be at all useful, but so far it is.

- I've actually had fun already with the GIF making tool on the S-Pen :)

- The AoD is great, I love it. If it doesn't drain battery life much, I will keep it on.

How did you do a shortcut to directions home?

keepnitreel

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
The Edge panel is my favorite so far. Being able to stick all my go-to apps and contacts plus music is amazing....
Now my home screen can look clean without having all the folders on it

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
How did you do a shortcut to directions home?

You first create the "Home" or "Work" (etc) widget on your home screen. Just go to your widgets and under Maps, there is a 1 x 1 "Directions" widget. You can add that to your home screen to add quick driving directions to any location you choose. It's cool, I have a folder of them for quick access.

Anyway, once you have the widget on your home screen, it will automatically appear in the Edge screen panels selection under "Tasks Edge" for you to add there.

jdfry15

Trusted Member
Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Probably an overlooked feature but I love the blue light filter. I had this on my iPhone. It's great for reading in bed.

Turbo Brian

May 21, 2011
Visit site
Probably an overlooked feature but I love the blue light filter. I had this on my iPhone. It's great for reading in bed.

This. Gave it a shot last night while in bed and it is not a gimmick at all. It really makes the phone easier on the eyes.

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
The always on display is great, i have turned off the led light because everything i need shows up on the aod.

I like that the edges are tighter than the s7edge.

The things i am liking are a lot of the selling points, sdcard, 64gig memory, bigger battery than the note5, blue light filter.

The iris scanner is cool, i set it up w my contacts in and it works fast with my contacts in or out..

Stealthieone

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
You first create the "Home" or "Work" (etc) widget on your home screen. Just go to your widgets and under Maps, there is a 1 x 1 "Directions" widget. You can add that to your home screen to add quick driving directions to any location you choose. It's cool, I have a folder of them for quick access.

Anyway, once you have the widget on your home screen, it will automatically appear in the Edge screen panels selection under "Tasks Edge" for you to add there.

Awesome, thanks

convert

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Screen is beautiful. Love the edge shape. While I contemplated the blue color, I opted for the silver and love the silver-think it looks sharp. Built in 64 of memory is nice as is the RAM. Of course love having the wireless charging (I know that's not new with the N7 but it is for me coming from the N3). IP68. Iris scanner. Stylus features are an upgrade from the N3.

Stealthieone

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site

What other edge tasks do you use?

twmanga1

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Still getting use to how thin this thing is (even with my slim case on it), but I like it. Though not exclusive to the Note 7, I'm loving Samsung Pay (didn't use Android Pay because of no Chase support).

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
What other edge tasks do you use?

I have shortcuts to hangouts, SMS, and WhatsApp chats with specific folks. I have a Shazaam widget in there to quickly identify a song. I have a shortcut to the camera selfie mode (why, I don't know, I don't use it, but my daughter thinks it's cool). You can add all kinds of great stuff on the tasks section.

Edit: The Shazaam shortcut is in the "Apps Edge" Panel, not here.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maximusdebois