AT&T Note 7 Won't Register to Verizon LTE Network

buddhake

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
First, I have the phone network unlocked, so I expected at least for the phone to take on the voice portion of the Verizon network, even if it was not going to auto configure the APN correctly. Anyone else been able to give this a try and get registered to Verizon on an ATT device?

IIRC all bands were the same on all US carrier devices, correct?

Iva_LadyDiCaprio98

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
There's GSM and there's CDMA. AT&T is GSM so when unlocked it will only work with other GSM networks. Verizon is CDMA so it won't work with AT&T even when unlocked

Posted via the Android Central App

badMojo69

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
Not ATT, but a couple of weeks ago I had gotten a phone for Tmobile and could not get it on the network and as it turns out they had the phone IME blocked. It was a brand new phone. I thought they only did that for phones that had contracts on them.

AZwldcats

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Don't think ATT phone has a cdma radio for Verizon Voice services.

Also will Verizon register it on their network? Have you been in contact with Verizon?

buddhake

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
Drat. The info I had looked at pre-launch has changed and now has some specific missing bands by carrier in that oh-so-interchangeable way they like to do. Sigh. Time to return the unit and wait for the unlocked one so I can use on more than one carrier.

buddhake

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
Don't think ATT phone has a cdma radio for Verizon Voice services.

Also will Verizon register it on their network? Have you been in contact with Verizon?

I have not yet - but for my S7 Edge (Unlocked) and Nexus 6P I could just put the SIM in and go and have perfect coverage w/o calling them. Clearly this phone is limited in this version. Back to S7 I go, I guess.

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I believe the GSM models have some of the Verizon bands but not all. I also read in previous forums that you had to call verizon and not just a simple SIM card pop in.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
The hardware should be there. Software wise cdma was probably disabled because att didn't want to pay qualcomm royalties.

If you are very technically inclined, then you should be able to flash the necessary Verizon firmware/software to get it to work

chongwj

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
I'm Tmobile user. Bought ATT phone due to available gift cards, paid full price. I'm trying to unlock it, using att unlock website, before even activate the new number but failed, keep saying imei number not found...

So do i really need to activate the new line first then? I heard that I have to use 2 months if activated the line..

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
If you bought a carrier phone to use on another network, you probably should sell it and use those funds to buy the proper phone IMO.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm Tmobile user. Bought ATT phone due to available gift cards, paid full price. I'm trying to unlock it, using att unlock website, before even activate the new number but failed, keep saying imei number not found...

So do i really need to activate the new line first then? I heard that I have to use 2 months if activated the line..
Just follow the att unlock procedure detailed on the att unlock website that you used.

mcook1670

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
Verizon won't activate non verizon phones on their network. Not sure why you bought an At&t phone to use on Verizon, but it won't work.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Verizon won't activate non verizon phones on their network. Not sure why you bought an At&t phone to use on Verizon, but it won't work.

Not necessarily a true statement as non-Verizon phones like the Moto X Pure Edition, Nexus 5X, and Nexus 6P cam be activated on Verizon.