Always on display question

boufa

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
How fast does it turn off in a holster case. I guess thats like asking when the refrigerator light turns off when the door gets closed. Why I ask is that mine travels 90% of the time in the holster. If it turns off quickly, it might hardly ever run... thus making the battery effect, even less.

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
How fast does it turn off in a holster case. ...
Never. It's Always On :). It will stay on at all times until you unlock the screen.

Edit: See post below, thanks Jackal.

Edit 2: Even with the "Keep screen turned off" option in the Display settings turned "On", My AoD remains on in my pocket ,etc. Perhaps some other setting cares for this?

Last edited:

jackal24

May 4, 2014
Visit site
Not true. There is a setting for it to turn off if it thinks it is in a pocket or somewhere similar. Works quite well too.

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Not true. There is a setting for it to turn off if it thinks it is in a pocket or somewhere similar. Works quite well too.
Cool, thanks! I wasn't aware. This is great to know. I appreciate the correction, this is my first phone with an AoD. I cannot find a setting that does this though (see 2 posts up).

Sam_Gs7

May 27, 2016
Visit site
:cool: A useful feature I'd say. I've it On my Sgs7 and
found an Update the other day and installed

The negative side of AOD is that. If you use the Phone
in your Front pocket, somehow turns the Phone On
But using a Holster gives-No problem. goFor it

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site

I thought this was just for accidental screen turn ons in your pocket, not AOD. That's how I interpreted anyways since it's not listed within the AOD settings, just kind of it's own setting. If it's "always on", it's always on. Can you ever confirm that the display will completely shut off in your pocket? To me, it makes more sense that it's for accidental home screen or power button presses while in your pocket.
It didn't occur to me at first, but for some dumb reason I didn't think the display would be "always on". I was thinking more along the lines of touching the screen to see notifications. So...I probably won't be using this feature much, if at all.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
How can anyone prove it's shut off in your pocket when you can't see it?
I'm sticking to my idea that it's ALWAYS on. That's the whole idea. If that wasn't the case, what use would it be if you pulled it out of your pocket in complete darkness?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unirockers