Brand New Note 7 Got Delivered With a Bad Front Facing Camera

MizWylie

Q&A Team
Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
You already said it's brand new. Take it to a corporate store, you have 14 days to do so, and get a brand new replacement tomorrow.

Posted from the S7E Chrome™ on Big Red

Nabiscuit

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
69e3cf3bfb3ff1986c8a450deb8980dc.jpg

Nabiscuit

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Does this every time. No matter if i try to launch it through a text message or just the camera app. I get that warning and then it crashes the camera app.

I've rebooted the phone twice and reset it once.

MizWylie

Q&A Team
Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
No one has blues in stock.

I'd take it in to one anyway and see if they can maybe give you a bill credit or some goodies. Going into the corporate store can really help.

Sorry you hit a bogey out of the box.

Posted from the S7E Chrome™ on Big Red

BOSSY TEXAS CHICK

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Are you absolutely positive you dont have another app downloaded that is hijacking the camera?! It was months ago, so I can't remember which app i had that did that made much camera fail but i figured it out, uninstalled the app and my camera worked with no issues. ...good luck!

Nabiscuit

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

madkoda12

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
The carriers usually keep a stock for replacement purposes so You should be ok. Or you can let them know of the issue and they should be more than willing to help you out.

gorgalis

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Sorry for your luck. Make sure you see how scratch resistant the screen is before you send it back in to put everyone at ease in the other thread. /s

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Did you try a factory reset? Not sure if you mentioned that it was doing this right out of the box or after all your apps were installed.

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I've been on hold for a while. Android tech support thinks it's hardware. We tried the method above. It didn't work.

Out of curiosity have you tried other methods in addition to the Samsung support article? Just wondering.

Posted via the Android Central App

Nabiscuit

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Out of curiosity have you tried other methods in addition to the Samsung support article? Just wondering.

I did a factory reset and didn't restore any backup data. I made sure it was completely fresh...

So it can't be app related still, can it?

Still crashing.

:(

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I did a factory reset and didn't restore any backup data. I made sure it was completely fresh...

So it can't be app related still, can it?

Still crashing.

:(

Yeah I had that on an S5 when it released. Swapped mine at that time.

Android Optimizer

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
T-Mobile is going to swap it out.

Did you put a memory card in the phone? If you did try it without the memory card.

If you haven't swapped it yet try a factory reset like Nakrohtap suggested. see you already tried that.

Its possible something is physically wrong with the camera, but its hard to believe.

Hopefully you don't get a refurbished test model as your replacement....

Nabiscuit

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Did you put a memory card in the phone? If you did try it without the memory card.

If you haven't swapped it yet try a factory reset like Nakrohtap suggested. see you already tried that.

Its possible something is physically wrong with the camera, but its hard to believe.

Hopefully you don't get a refurbished test model as your replacement....

No memory card inserted. There are no refurbished models of these phones, yet. I'm returning this phone and I had to buy another phone. New one will be brand new.

I tried a bunch of different ways to perform the factory reset. Same results every time. It's a broken Front Facing Camera. :(

Other than that, I love the phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz