Warning about S Pen

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Dude got a defective S-Pen... plunger sticks. Oh well, call Sammy and get a new one sent out. Call off the mob, no need to light the torches.

alt075

Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
I wonder if he mixed the pens up and used the pen from the damaged phone in the good one? hmmm

Well at least this time it is fixable. :)

msokad

May 18, 2011
Visit site
I had the same issue. Once I popped the pen out with a toothpick, I clicked the plunger for a few minutes. My guess is there is either a burr or the tolerances are very tight for the pen and it needs to be broken in. No, I'm not giving Samsung a pass on this.

If I continue to have the issue over the next few days, I'll be at VZW to request a new pen.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I had the same issue. Once I popped the pen out with a toothpick, I clicked the plunger for a few minutes. My guess is there is either a burr or the tolerances are very tight for the pen and it needs to be broken in. No, I'm not giving Samsung a pass on this.

Well, there is giving Samsung a pass and there's making what is most likely a simple manufacturing issue into a crime against humanity (not saying you are). Like you said, there could be a wee little burr somewhere that is causing the thing to bind up, and the defect rate for whatever is causing it might have been so low as to not get caught in the QA cycle... but once you get a ton of them on the street..

Like you said, if it happens again, just get a new pen.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress