Gear Fit 2 + Note 7 --> notifications are not working!

convert

May 24, 2014
Visit site
I already had the Gear Fit 2 so it's not one I got with the promotion (I'm waiting on a backordered SD card!) and it was working fine with my Note 3 but for some reason I am not getting any notifications on my Note 7. It worked like a champ until I switched phones and hard reset to it my Note 7. It's not a sticker issue-I pulled that off in the first place when I originally got it a couple months ago. I wonder if I need to reset and start from scratch but I have all the settings telling to accept notifications and I am not getting alerts to my watch when my phone rings nor text messages or anything. Before I factory reset, does anyone have any suggestions?

Oj467

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I turned "Limit notifications" to off in the Gear app on my Note 7. Since upgrading from my Note 4 my regular email notifications stopped appearing on my Gear S2. Now that I've changed that it seems to have fixed that issue.

Now if they'd just push out a fix to keep my watch from ringing when I get a call even though it's set to vibrate only. ><

convert

May 24, 2014
Visit site
I turned "Limit notifications" to off in the Gear app on my Note 7. Since upgrading from my Note 4 my regular email notifications stopped appearing on my Gear S2. Now that I've changed that it seems to have fixed that issue.

Now if they'd just push out a fix to keep my watch from ringing when I get a call even though it's set to vibrate only. ><

Yeah, I do have that turned off too. Thanks anyway. though. I wish I knew why it's not working. I just got a phone call and no notification. Looks like I will be factory resetting and trying again soon.

KupKrazy

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I decided to reset my phone and that did the trick. All is well and I'm getting my notifications just fine now. :D

Just the other day my Gear Fit 2 showed notifications but it stopped counting my steps no matter what - even if I rebooted the watch. It turned out that I needed to reboot the phone. Not sure why my watch wouldn't continue to count steps if there was an issue on the phone end. :-/

LordCraig

Aug 28, 2016
Visit site
Guys, guys GUYS. I had been reading this thread with the same problem and signed up to post.

After having this same problem and being ignored by Samsung support after they couldn't figure it out I FIXED THE ISSUE... at least for my Fit 2 with a Note 5.

After reinstalling and factory resetting half a dozen times with no luck I:

Went into my app manager and uninstalled EVERYTHING with a Gear logo except the Gear Manager itself (I would have if it was allowed). That's the Fit 2 specific Gear supplementary app data, app data associated with my old Gear watch, and a bunch of miscellaneous stuff with the Gear logo.

I had only been getting notifications for the preloaded email, SMS, and phone apps. Now I'm getting ALL of it.

I think clearing old app data for other gear and possibly corrupted Fit 2 data is what did it. A factory reset and unpairing doesn't clear that stuff.

Hope it helps! :)

tutva

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Dear lord thank you for your post!

I feel like a freakin *****... twas the little white barcode sticker underneath that I didn't notice was there.

Everything else worked, so never would have figured that out.

Strong_Genetics

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
I have been bothered by this for the most part of today as well. I was about to give up i had actually taken the watch off and then i noticed there is a white sticker on the bottom of the watch. I peeled it off then tested again and it works perfect. Wow i feel like an *****. I guess that sticker blocked the sensor and was detecting that it was on my wrist. Not sure if this is whats wrong with you but its what was with me.
I had the same problem until I removed the sticker on the bottom... THANKS

billykac

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
Glad this was figured out for you.

The Fit 2/N7 is a match made in heaven.

Your next step (pun, sorry) might be the realization that the step and stair count can be off a bit. Don't be bothered by this, as in the long run, it just doesn't matter. If it does bother you, go visit the FitBit site, or any other fitness band, and you'll find plenty of complaints of less-than-exact counters.

AC has a great forum for you:
Samsung Gear Fit 1 & 2 - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com

Overall, I am freakin' thrilled with my Fit 2. The display is drop-dead gorgeous (wait until the next time you notice a Fit Bit on someone - it'll look like a toy), the functionality goes far beyond just a fitness watch, and Sammy's SHealth is excellent and actively updated with improvements.

I love it.
Hope you do too.

SharCartist

Apr 28, 2015
Visit site
Yes I am currently having the same issue. I had the note 7 & received my second one after the first recall. Now I hardly get any notifications. They're sporadic. Very frustrating. I get nothing from FB, or YouTube, and rarely any email notifications or texts. It worked great the first time. All my settings are the same. I'm hoping now that I am getting my s7 edge after the 2nd recall ( and I'm bummed about downgrading my phone) that maybe it will all start working again!

SharCartist

Apr 28, 2015
Visit site
I'm having the problem since I replaced my note 7 the first time, and it comes standard on the phone. Everything synced fine, and I get sporadic notifications, but maybe 3 a day, even though I receive hundreds of notifications on my phone for email, texts, my YouTube channel, FB, Instagram etc. nothing comes through anymore. I'm hoping that when I get my new phone (my downgrade to the s7 edge with the second recall) that hopefully it will spontaneously work again.

SharCartist

Apr 28, 2015
Visit site
I'm in the same boat. It's bad enough to deal with 2 damned recalls and have to downgrade my phone but to have his happen too? It's useless. I'm only glad I never paid for the GF2! It worked fine on my first Note 7 then afte rthe first recall, it's very sparse. Now next week I get my s7 edge and we'll see what happens. So sorry you made the switch from Apple to the Note and had to deal with the recall. Icpve owned the Note since they came out with them and they're really awesome.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance