Anybody else having trouble with Wi-Fi calling?

Justin Stevenson

Aug 13, 2016
Visit site
I did the initial set up for Wi-Fi calling and never thought twice about it, but I realized that I never saw the Wi-Fi calling symbol show up in the status bar. Now when I try to activate it I get a message saying "Provisioning failed, please try again later".

gregg6942

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
I can't find it. I looked under "connections" , WiFi is there, but no WiFi calling. How am I missing this? Am I looking in the correct place? It's a Sprint Note 7, I have restarted,update profile and prl...

alejovh1#AC

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
Did you set up your e-911? Go onlime and check that again or call your carrier to activate the feature again. Mine works flawlessly on tmobile Wi-Fi calling

spasell

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
I think mine is all set. It says it is under Advanced Calling and I set up the 911. It's different than my iPhone when when on a call the icon looks like this in the call screen.
acce9b38b8b713c7b8b4ac87b29ca589.jpg

Last edited:

vientiane

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
question,,,, when you set up location for 911 call, do you mean the place you use wifi calling, or your home address ? because wifi calling never active since I always get full signal strength @ my home. but @ work wifi calling is always on (-105 dbm average}

neo Jeets

Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
Yeah, nothing but problems so far with WiFi calling on AT&T. I can only get it to work for maybe a minute or two once I enable Airplane mode and then get out of Airplane mode. Once I'm in a wifi call everything is fine. Then it drops the wifi calling and I'm back to making regular calls on AT&T's crappy network. Hopefully I figure this out soon or a possible fix comes. Wifi calling always worked consistently well on my iPhone 6.

sangs

Trusted Member
May 9, 2015
Visit site
Yeah, nothing but problems so far with WiFi calling on AT&T. I can only get it to work for maybe a minute or two once I enable Airplane mode and then get out of Airplane mode. Once I'm in a wifi call everything is fine. Then it drops the wifi calling and I'm back to making regular calls on AT&T's crappy network. Hopefully I figure this out soon or a possible fix comes. Wifi calling always worked consistently well on my iPhone 6.

Does AT&T offer wi-fi calling on Android devices now? That was one of the factors in my leaving them last year, because it was only offered on iPhones. I had to use one of their MicroCells, which didn't play well with Samsung phones, especially with regards to MMS.

TeamPowerstroke

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Does AT&T offer wi-fi calling on Android devices now? That was one of the factors in my leaving them last year, because it was only offered on iPhones. I had to use one of their MicroCells, which didn't play well with Samsung phones, especially with regards to MMS.
Curious as well, Co worker pre ordered ATT note 7 and was wondering if it had Wi-Fi calling...

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Curious as well, Co worker pre ordered ATT note 7 and was wondering if it had Wi-Fi calling...

It does.
4826cc7823a4ac0cd6ba007d86c1139d.jpg

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Oh and for the sake of the conversation... WiFi calling on my T-Mobile Note 7 is working fine.

gregg6942

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
It's nice that at&t & Tmobile are working, but, does anyone have Sprint? Is WIFI calling on it? and where is it? This is what I have tempFileForShare_20160819-195112.jpg

Kilroy672

Jan 30, 2016
Visit site
I have not used WiFi calling yet but I do have trouble connecting to WiFi after I turn it off. I have to goto settings then WiFi then connect again. My s7e had no problems. It would connect automatically when I come home. Anyone else have this issue?

seacow1500

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
It's nice that at&t & Tmobile are working, but, does anyone have Sprint? Is WIFI calling on it? and where is it? This is what I have View attachment 236175

Same thing I have and It is not there. I saw on a Sprint forum and it said that it is there but won't show until first update.

Wi-Fi Calling Settings
The Wi-Fi Calling settings menu lets you set your Wi-Fi Calling options, including updating your 9-1-1 information. For information about setting up Wi-Fi Calling, see Wi-Fi Calling.

Note: Wi-Fi Calling may not be available on your phone at launch.

From home, tap Apps all apps icon > Settings settings app icon > Wi-Fi Calling.

screenshot of wifi calling switch
Follow the prompts to change your Wi-Fi Calling settings.
When Wi-Fi Calling is set up, you will see Wi-Fi calling enabled wifi call status icon in the status bar when Wi-Fi Calling is active, or Wi-Fi calling disabled wifi calling disabled icon if it is set up but you are not currently connected to a Wi-Fi network