Occasional lag

MarqBland

Oct 13, 2009
www.facebook.com
Coming from 6S Plus, I have to say one thing about my new Verizon Note 7 - it is nowhere near as smooth as the iPhone. There will be times when everything is snappy, then 5 seconds later it hiccups. Momentary jerk in scrolling, or slow app load, or not loading pictures, etc. Is this basically to be expected with Android, or am I missing something?

I'm enjoying the phone otherwise, have Nova running and I have spent few hours arranging everything I want. But playing with both phones next to each other, the lag can be quite apparent.

Actually try with the Touchwiz launcher. I had Nova on my 6p and it caused much more lag than I expected. If you're coming from a 6s Plus then you don't have a bias towards a certain launcher. I used to HATE Touchwiz on my Note 4 last year. I'm loving it on the Note 7 so far.

JAG21979

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
I have experienced some lag with my note 7, especially when I'm scrolling through pages... I'm coming from that HTC 10, and that phone was buttery smooth with zero lag... the note 7 isn't nearly as smooth or responsive

BearlyFloats

Dec 22, 2015
Visit site
I think the "settling down" includes indexing and information syncing with various accounts. I have been using an S7 and I think it is everybit as usable as my 6s. More so in some ways. Doesn't sync as well with my Mac tho'.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Sammy's often have issues with listviews dropping frames and acting a little jerky. Samsung's engineers don't seem to bother optimizing them much.

Lag is just a grab all term that is misused most of the time.

cdd543

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
Sammy's often have issues with listviews dropping frames and acting a little jerky. Samsung's engineers don't seem to bother optimizing them much.

Lag is just a grab all term that is misused most of the time.
Yep I have it as well. I've turned off the edge screen and maybe it's slightly better. I had the same issues with the s7 edge. I have an 6s plus and while it does hiccup here and there, overall it's smoother. I was hoping the grace UX might usher in a new level of smoothness.

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
No lag for me. I guess I am lucky again. I just don't see what others are seeing I guess. Mine zips along great so far after 2 days :)

dennisharrison

Feb 3, 2015
Visit site
This is untrue for me on note 5 and 7. I've only had this issue with other launchers than TouchWiz at different states of settings, or apps doing heavy work in the background (unfortunately this sometimes means play store updates).

Posted via the Android Central App

scott5626

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
No lag for me. I guess I am lucky again. I just don't see what others are seeing I guess. Mine zips along great so far after 2 days :)

You are very lucky it seems...looking back at last years posts your Note 4 and Note 5 seem to be rather flawless. Just seems like there's those people that never have an issue.

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
You are very lucky it seems...looking back at last years posts your Note 4 and Note 5 seem to be rather flawless. Just seems like there's those people that never have an issue.

Maybe it related to certain apps or multi-tasking or some combo of elements. I rarely if ever see lag on my last few Samsung Android phones. Now on my old GS4 and GS5, another story :)

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
It's generally subtle and most people don't even notice it or care.

It's possible. Perhaps it's imperceptible to me. I certainly don't go out of my way to look for it or to try to evoke it, but I also would probably not be one to let it go either. Either way, I am thrilled with the Note 7 so far. I am sorry for those few who are experiencing some lag.