S Notes with Action Memo/Link to Action

Connert

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Not having Action Memo was my biggest issue with the Note 7. I was constantly double tapping the screen to write a quick note on my Note 5 and having the option to link this to an action. Also the ability to minimize the Note and have it float on screen was very useful.

I've seen the YouTube video where the guy downloads the current S Notes from the Galaxy app store but it doesn't include Action Memo and also doesn't seem to work very well with the double tap. I decided to do a little digging (this is Android after all) and see what work arounds could be found. Ends up it's very simple, someone on xda posted a link to the older apk for S Notes with these features.

Yes I took the chance and installed it. I'm happy to say it works perfectly and I'm back to happy. Double taping has worked every time. All the features of link to action are there along with minimize.

I'm happy to share the file with anyone interested. I'm just not sure if that's against forum rules or not.

Last edited:

pool_shark

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
I don't have the Note 7 but I saw that they ditched the various note apps in favor of one app for all. It didn't look like that app was called s-notes, if that is accurate, see if you can still download s-notes from galaxy apps. I have it installed on my tablet along with scrapbook.

Connert

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I don't have the Note 7 but I saw that they ditched the various note apps in favor of one app for all. It didn't look like that app was called s-notes, if that is accurate, see if you can still download s-notes from galaxy apps. I have it installed on my tablet along with scrapbook.

The S Notes from Galaxy store does not include Action Memo. It converts all your Memos the S Notes. So it also has no option for link to action.

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Not having Action Memo was my biggest issue with the Note 7. I was constantly double tapping the screen to write a quick note on my Note 5 and having the option to link this to an action. Also the ability to minimize the Note and have it float on screen was very useful.

I've seen the YouTube video where the guy downloads the current S Notes from the Galaxy app store but it doesn't include Action Memo and also doesn't seem to work very well with the double tap. I decided to do a little digging (this is Android after all) and see what work arounds could be found. Ends up it's very simple, someone on xda posted a link to the older apk for S Notes with these features.

Yes I took the chance and installed it. I'm happy to say it works perfectly and I'm back to happy. Double taping has worked every time. All the features of link to action are there along with minimize.

I'm happy to share the file with anyone interested. I'm just not sure if that's against forum rules or not.

Thanks for the info, good to know. Can you at least give the link to where you found the old APK on XDA?

Trhah1

Oct 7, 2016
Visit site

CustomDesigns4u

Sep 30, 2017
Visit site

CustomDesigns4u

Sep 30, 2017
Visit site
Would you please send me the file?
I recently switched from Note 5 to a Galaxy S8+ & Samsung Tablet 3, both include Samsung Notes instead of S-notes. I need the functions and add-ons of S-notes. Is there a way to either replace the "new" app with the old one? Also, I'm having difficulty getting them to sync, which must be sync'd through the Samsung Account - any advice would be appreciated. Thank you.

Connert

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Would you please send me the file?
I recently switched from Note 5 to a Galaxy S8+ & Samsung Tablet 3, both include Samsung Notes instead of S-notes. I need the functions and add-ons of S-notes. Is there a way to either replace the "new" app with the old one? Also, I'm having difficulty getting them to sync, which must be sync'd through the Samsung Account - any advice would be appreciated. Thank you.
A link to the apks can be found in the video description on this thread.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=830764

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX