Keyboard question

alejovh1#AC

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
Using the samsung Keyboard, it doesnt autocorrect misspelled words. Where can i find that on the settings? I know my previous lg phone had settings for low, medium, and aggressive correction or something like that.

gpatrick15

Mar 27, 2009
Visit site
Using the samsung Keyboard, it doesnt autocorrect misspelled words. Where can i find that on the settings? I know my previous lg phone had settings for low, medium, and aggressive correction or something like that.

I hated the default Samsung keyboard so I switched to google keyboard. It's cleaner and simpler, and the auto correct works far better.

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
I am not sure about the Samsung one, but I have always used Swiftkey , which does a fantastic job of auto-correcting, and predicting..

durandetto

Trusted Member
Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Even with all the auto correct stuff turned on it still doesn't auto insert the correct words. Kind of annoying. I used to love the samsung keyboard, but not now.

alejovh1#AC

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
Even with all the auto correct stuff turned on it still doesn't auto insert the correct words. Kind of annoying. I used to love the samsung keyboard, but not now.
I know, same here. It just doesn't autocorrect most of the time. I may have to get swiftkey but I really like the layout of the samsung one, just this issue is a deal breaker.

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
I know, same here. It just doesn't autocorrect most of the time. I may have to get swiftkey but I really like the layout of the samsung one, just this issue is a deal breaker.

You can make Swiftkey look just like the Samsung one if you want (it has many themes, and so many layout customizations, sizing options, etc).

GBP87

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Try Google Keyboard. I was a SwiftKey guy forever until I tried the stock Samsung one on my Note5 and realized how sluggish SwiftKey was.

I've alternate with Google Keyboard now and it's much more lean, quicker than SwiftKey.

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Swiftkey flies for me, and prediction is way better. Sorry you have issues with it. The google keyboard is fine - like most keyboards - but lacks options. Can you even add a number row yet on it? Last time I tried I wasn't able to or couldn't find it

alejovh1#AC

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
Try Google Keyboard. I was a SwiftKey guy forever until I tried the stock Samsung one on my Note5 and realized how sluggish SwiftKey was.

I've alternate with Google Keyboard now and it's much more lean, quicker than SwiftKey.
Is it customizable? Like adding the number row on top?
Im going to try to factory reset first. This autocorrect is just going bonkers. It sometimes autocorrect to an email address.

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Download both of them :). Download Swifkey and Google Keyboard and try them both. Set up Swiftkey how you like and use it for a while (the longer you use it , the better the predictions), do the same for the Google Keyboard and see which you prefer.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Download both of them :). Download Swifkey and Google Keyboard and try them both. Set up Swiftkey how you like and use it for a while (the longer you use it , the better the predictions), do the same for the Google Keyboard and see which you prefer.

I'm hoping Samsung's gets better for me over time. I remember when I first switched to Google Keyboard it took forever for the autocorrection to learn my typing style and words I used. It works well for me now, but didn't install it yet on my Note 7. Giving Samsung's a go

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
I'm hoping Samsung's gets better for me over time. I remember when I first switched to Google Keyboard it took forever for the autocorrection to learn my typing style and words I used. It works well for me now, but didn't install it yet on my Note 7. Giving Samsung's a go

Yeah, I am trying it as well - on and off. I enjoy the text replacements in Samsung's keyboard - where you type in "xx" or something and it fills in your email address, etc. I can't believe Swiftkey , Google keyboard and so many others don't have this yet, nuts.

MizWylie

Q&A Team
Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
Wow, I'm glad I'm not the only one having issues with the Samsung keyboard. I love the Samsung keyboard but it is being really wonky on the Note and kind of irritating me.

Hopefully there's a fix discovered soon. I noticed if I spell a word wrong and backspace up to the word and not delete the word and select the correct spelling from the suggestion bar it starts "learning" what I like. I'm gonna give it more time.

Posted from the N7 Dolphin Tears™ on Big Red

alejovh1#AC

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
Wow, I'm glad I'm not the only one having issues with the Samsung keyboard. I love the Samsung keyboard but it is being really wonky on the Note and kind of irritating me.

Hopefully there's a fix discovered soon. I noticed if I spell a word wrong and backspace up to the word and not delete the word and select the correct spelling from the suggestion bar it starts "learning" what I like. I'm gonna give it more time.

Posted from the N7 Dolphin Tears™ on Big Red
Mine has been "learning" for 2 days and is still crappy.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21