Note 7 - External Speaker Sounds Worse Than Previous Phones

byrds8

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else think the external speaker sucks? The Note 5 sounded so much better. This sounds like its high pitched with no depth.

Zaku77

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
Re: External Speaker

Yeah, it's garbage. It's been hard coming from an HTC One M8 and then a Moto X Pure. I would cream my shorts for a version of this phone with front facing speakers.

byrds8

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site

Id be happy if it at least sounded like ALL the other Notes before it. This almost sounds as bad as an old flip phone. Its a huge step backwards for sure. Not even sure how someone thought this thing was a good idea.

Christian Campbell

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site

I wonder if it has anything to do with the phone having the IP68 rating? Anyone have an IP68 rated phone with loud and awesome speakers for comparison purposes?

seafoodlover88

Aug 10, 2016
Visit site

I wonder if it has anything to do with the phone having the IP68 rating? Anyone have an IP68 rated phone with loud and awesome speakers for comparison purposes?

That is the precise reason because I had the Sony Xperia Z Ultra and it sound was so bad, I absolutely hate that phone no matter how pretty it look. But to be honest Samsung never had good loud sounding speaker. N3, N4, and N5 were all disappointment compare to other phones with front firing dual speaker like HTC M7 and M8. But the N7 may be the worst sounding and lowest sounding Samsung phone yet.

byrds8

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site

Id agree it is the worst sounding ever. Ive tried messing with the bass/eq on it and it does absolutely nothing for the phone. It sounds like complete crap. So far this is the biggest disappointment I have with it.

Sparksx

Aug 10, 2015
Visit site

Ah, I thought I had a bad speaker or something. I guess the speaker in this thing is just really quiet? It's not just mine right?

Darron Elrington

Aug 21, 2016
Visit site
Note 7 has poor sound compared to note 5

I wonder why no one is talking about the poorer sound quality the note 7 has in relation to the note 5. The note 5's sound is much more robust than that of the 7 and if you like music crisp sharp and loud the note beat the note 7 hands down. Why did Samsung skimp on the sound? Maybe, because they figured no one will notice. Well I did and I'm wondering why none of the reviewers I've read so far have not. I love the new features but I now have to sacrifice the great sounds of my note 5 if I want the feature upgrades of the 7, audiophiles unite and speak out.

jn3wman

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
Re: Note 7 has poor sound compared to note 5

The reduced speaker sound is the trade off for the water proofing. Use headphones or a Bluetooth speaker if you want loud music.

Chitown28

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site

Totally agree because on my note 5 playing nfs no limits its louder then my note 7.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site

It's due to the seals that give the Note7 its IP68 rating.

The speaker is definitely mediocre on the Note7. It's okay as a speakerphone, but for media, you're better off with headphones or external speakers.

kareem_ruhi

Aug 21, 2016
Visit site

Agreed. It's very low compared to others and i have experienced the 'high pitch' when receiving Whatsapp voicenotes which kind of sucks as it's pure audio. My previous Blackberry Passport was more clear! Might by the IP68 factor but it's not really an excuse.

Putting this one aside, it's the best phone i have ever used.

jerrycau123

Mar 13, 2015
Visit site

I am no expert but use a good headset,...I use the Audio Tectnaica 50x and sounds Great to me!.

Joe J1

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site

Note has exynos and a far superior audio dac. The note 7 has a speaker filter which reduces the sound. The only option soon will be to root and mod with volume boost and dual speaker activation which will make it surround sound and much louder

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae