Group Conversation

aczaplicki

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Am I missing something? In a group message, is there anyway to get rid of of the banner and check mark about the keyboard that says "Group conversation"? This is annoying.

Posted via the Android Central App

SAENZ_SCENE

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
It's very annoying! I have not found a way to disable that message. I have switched to Textra but it would be nice to disable that message. It drove me nuts.

jshah500

Nov 2, 2013
Visit site
Another annoying thing: It saying "Group messages will eb sent as multimedia messages" EVERY TIME you open a group conversation.

I used Textra on my G4 and may go back to it. Haven't decided yet.

bgapfire

Aug 14, 2010
Visit site
It's very annoying! I have not found a way to disable that message. I have switched to Textra but it would be nice to disable that message. It drove me nuts.

Go into the setting of the app and turn off group conversations. Settings- more settings- multimedia messages- group conversation.

bgapfire

Aug 14, 2010
Visit site
??? But then don't you lose the ability to have a group conversation?
Yes. If you turn it off, it will send a message to each person in your group individually. You will get responses back individually as well. If you keep the group conversations on and uncheck the box at the text level, the message will be sent to the one person.

sangs

Trusted Member
May 9, 2015
Visit site
Yes. If you turn it off, it will send a message to each person in your group individually. You will get responses back individually as well. If you keep the group conversations on and uncheck the box at the text level, the message will be sent to the one person.

I understand how it works. :D I just thought it sounded like a throwing out the baby with the bathwater solution is all. I don't think the only way to get rid of annoying banner is by turning the feature off to be an optimal solution.

jshah500

Nov 2, 2013
Visit site
I understand how it works. :D I just thought it sounded like a throwing out the baby with the bathwater solution is all. I don't think the only way to get rid of annoying banner is by turning the feature off to be an optimal solution.

lol. Don't like it? Turn it all off!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital