Anyone notice a lag using Swiftkey?

Zaku77

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
I've had none, but I've had this problem in the past with SwiftKey. Try ubjnstslling it, reinstalling, and clearing your cache. Hopefully you'll get lucky and that will fix it.

rustypixel

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
I definitely have lag on Swiftkey. It's been my default keyboard for quite some years and this isn't the first time I've gotten lag. I plan to delete and reinstall to see if that clears it (it has on other devices in the past) and if it doesn't plan B is to try their beta. Plan C is to try another KB 'till I know I can get Swiftkey back.

ETA: Trying the Swiftkey beta now and there's still plenty of lag. Of the 2 others I know that have this phone (also on Verizon), one has the same lag with Swiftkey while the other doesn't. The funny thing is that the guy with a ton of open apps doesn't have the lag while the girl who has nothing running is getting all the lag.

Last edited:

Nutzer

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
All,

If you guys search the fourms here and XDA there has been plenty of people with complaints of lag. Its definitely not Swiftkey or so I thought. From lurking the forums, I did everything including changing the animation to .5. What I found that is currenlty working for me is changing the scale from small to large. Ever since I changed that setting, the lag has been way better. I do get occasional Swiftkey lag, but the general overall lag throughout the system is better after chaning the scale.

billykac

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
I have personally posted many times on a number of forums that Swiftkey can exhibit lag. It depends quite a bit on usage patterns.

For instance, I have installed SK on every device I've owned since SK dropped, and when editing docs more than a page/two, it's not just lag, it crawls to a complete stop. SK word prediction is excellent, but I could never use SK because of this one fatal flaw for my usage pattern.

Turns out that over the years, many SK users have complained of lag and when working with docs more than a page, lag so bad it grinds to a halt. SK has never dealt with this issue, despite the requests to do so.

I use Google keyboard. It's excellent IMO.

dohlo

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
No lag here. Only issue I had was that the keyboard would stay popped up on the home screen after exiting an app, but it was only the first few minutes I had switched back to it. Stock keyboard is pretty good, but I missed my SwiftKey since it already knew who I was and how I type :)

Posted via the Android Central App