Coming from ios need help

Anna320

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
This os my first time on android. Is there any way to turn off pop ups when using internet browser? Keep piping popping up when in using it. So annoying. Never had that problem on iphone

SAENZ_SCENE

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
This os my first time on android. Is there any way to turn off pop ups when using internet browser? Keep piping popping up when in using it. So annoying. Never had that problem on iphone

Yes, it is something that was recently added with the Samsung browser. Do not use chrome for this feature. Here is what to do.

1. Download ad block fast from the play store.
2. Then, Go to internet and on the upper right (3 dots) press that.
3. Select extensions.
4. You should now see an option that says, "block content".
5. Select it and make sure you select ad block fast and it's on.

This will block pop ups. It makes browsing faster as well since the browser no longer downloads those pop ups. Hope it helps.

Anna320

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
Also I have the phone in my pocket pocket and it's warm all the time. Don't think it suppose be warm 'll thr time. No case also my battery went down from 100% to 65 % in 2 hours just ob stand by. Any ideas

Last edited:

archer75

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
Also I habe the phone in my pocket pocket Nd it's warm all the time. Don't think it suppose be warm 'll thr time. No case also my battery went down from 100% to 65 % in 2 hours just ob stand by. Any ideas

sounds like a rogue process. You can check battery usage stats to see what's eating battery.

Anna320

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
I did. I closes closed all the apps and put recommended apps to sleep. Still battery going down loke crazy. And phone stays warm in my jacket pocket

Anna320

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
sounds like a rogue process. You can check battery usage stats to see what's eating battery.

Yes, it is something that was recently added with the Samsung browser. Do not use chrome for this feature. Here is what to do.

1. Download ad block fast from the play store.
2. Then, Go to internet and on the upper right (3 dots) press that.
3. Select extensions.
4. You should now see an option that says, "block content".
5. Select it and make sure you select ad block fast and it's on.

This will block pop ups. It makes browsing faster as well since the browser no longer downloads those pop ups. Hope it helps.
Thank u I iwll try

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
To block ads or pop ups follow the above suggestions.

Phone warm or hot means that something is running in the background and it may also be some adware you caught most of the times caused by an installed app. I'd look for any suspicious app, if you can't think of anything, just uninstall the unknown ones, meaning games, ringtones makers, Mp3 or video download, you know what I mean by suspicious ones, basically leave the main and most famous ones.

Then just go to Settings-Apps-Apps Manager and look for the Browser and clear cache and data, also go to Settings-Storage and clear your Apps cache data. Then turn off your phone, then press Home, volume up and Power until you see some words on the screen, once you are in the recovery menu screen, just browse using the Volume buttons and do a Wipe cache partition select using the power button, after that just reboot.

It's important that you get used to all the things that may go wrong when you have an open source OS like android, just download official apps from the Play Store and you should be fine, but even then, some of the apps in there can cause issues, nothing worse than a rogue app. What I suggested for you to do is to try to come as clean possible and once you find the culprit, you can re-install one by one, if you get the same issues, then it would be easier for you to fix it by removing the rogue app once and for all.

Remember, you coming from iOS may seems like a step down if you keep having issues, but believe me, once you set it and get used to it, the experience will be no less than with the iPhone and then some.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci