Autocorrect change?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kyle0k

May 7, 2013
Visit site
I had the note 4 previously and unless I'm missing something it seems like Samsung severely crippled the feature. It still highlights the word as being wrong but its extremely inconsistant with actually auto replacing it (in the same application). For example I can type "yoi" instead of you and it would underline it but not replace it. On the other hand at other times, sometimes in the same sentence, it does replace misspellings.

I have tried to mess with different settings and nothing makes it better. What gives?

fragologist

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
I saw someone saying they had the same issue as you but I don't remember which thread it was. At least you know you're not the only one with the problem.

Tarah Sorber

Trusted Member
Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
I have the same issues its driving me insane! i have to constantly correct things and the phone will not correct it as my previous samsung phones have.

kyle0k

May 7, 2013
Visit site
It's so frustrating! I've come to rely HEAVILY on autocorrect because I just text really fast and rarely look back to spell check. I hope someone has a fix.

audri5

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
Try SwiftKey. I was having to many problems with the samsung keyboard doing the same thing. And inserting words I wasn't even trying to put in a sentence.

alejovh1#AC

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
Im the one that originally had the issues. Still there, autocorrect is just crap. Been using swiftkey and it worls great but I still like the way the Samsung one looks. I've been meaning to do a factory reset but i just don't have the time to set everything up from scratch again.

durandetto

Trusted Member
Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
I finally switched to SwiftKey because of this issue, which sucks because I really liked the Samsung keyboard on my note 5.

kyle0k

May 7, 2013
Visit site
I'm happy to see people coming out of the woodwork about it. I'm hoping they will have some kind of update. I can't imagine how this could be some kind of upgrade??? The way it worked before was perfect. If the word is unknown, it corrects it. If you want to use slang/madeup words, you just add it on the go during the first few weeks. Why would you purposely want to leave misspelled words sometimes but not other times.

I had SwiftKey a few years ago when Samsung stopped having autocorrect. It was OK but not as good as the Samsung one. I guess if there isn't a solution maybe I'll end up trying it out again.

bobxxz

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
I read in some article on this website that said they disabled the autocorrect or something.

Posted via the Android Central App

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Junkie XL