Home button scuff

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Well, didn't take long to scuff my home button. No idea how I did it :( I'm very careful with my phone too.

Typically using a case would prevent this as the case is raised so that if it lands on the side with the button it has no way of hitting a surface.
Hope your finger print scanner still works

Lobwedgephil

Trusted Member
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Typically using a case would prevent this as the case is raised so that if it lands on the side with the button it has no way of hitting a surface.
Hope your finger print scanner still works

??? The case offers no home button protection and videos have shown its even more vulnerable than the glass.

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
??? The case offers no home button protection and videos have shown its even more vulnerable than the glass.

Actually some do, as I stated if you would have taken the time to read above "as the case is RASIED so that if it lands on the side with the button it has no way of hitting a surface"
Similar to the back of many cases it protects the cameras with a raised edge so it can't hit a surface,
So if you would have had a case on it with raised edges it would have prevented your scuff,

keepnitreel

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Would you still be able to get to the edge features with a front raised case? I keep a lot of apps in the edge, as to keep my home screen uncluttered and simple.

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Would you still be able to get to the edge features with a front raised case? I keep a lot of apps in the edge, as to keep my home screen uncluttered and simple.

I honestly don't know I don't have an edge. And I am not fond of it, and honestly not looking forward to Samsung only going EDGE for the Note 7 and Galaxy S8. May have to change to another brand ;(

Viscomi4444

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site
The ringke fusion case has raised lips on the bottom and top from corner to corner. That'll protect it from face down drops.

1471947847414.jpg

keepnitreel

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
It's a feature that I thought I wouldn't like because so many have bashed it. But it turns out to be one of the most convenient features on the phone...

tinybfk

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
The home button is something they need to improve in my opinion. It's crazy how easy they are to scratch. My note 7 is still perfect but my GS7E has a few scratches on it and it's in a UAG case. Fingerprint scanner still works though.

Posted via the Android Central App

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Most normal cases should be ok. I tried a few and all worked with the edge features.