Lemon ???drain battery and warm note 7

Anna320

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
My note 7 is constantly warm the battery lasted less than 8 hours There is no apps running in the background I already try to Reboot the phone but nothing is working Maybe it's a lemon

archer75

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
What does the battery usage page show?

There is always something running in the background. And with it being warm and the battery draining it means something is indeed running.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Mod Note: Replies from the duplicate thread have been moved to the main thread.

Should make finding and giving answers easier. ;)

Anna320

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
Most of battery

There is always something running in the background. And with it being warm and the battery draining it means something is indeed running.
Sad that most of body when to android system and then some of the percentage went to gmail but I don't even have a gmail

archer75

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
There is a gmail app on your phone.

It's probably something using location services. Weather apps can be really bad with that. What apps are you running?

Anna320

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site

There is a gmail app on your phone.

It's probably something using location services. Weather apps can be really bad with that. What apps are you running?

I know there is Gmail up on the phone but I don't use it when I look on battery usage it shows the Gmail took over 20% of battery I close all the apps before I Lock my phone

nonie

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Is there an "Active App" installed on 7, can't find it if it's on here.
My S5 had it and told what apps running and could turn off.

nonie

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Is there an "Active App" installed on 7, can't find it if it's on here.
My S5 had it and told what apps running and could turn off.
I was looking and see we have a app moniter and can put apps not using to sleep to save battery.

piinkRainbowz

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Did you transfer everything from your old phone to this phone. Or did you start fresh and set it up w/ only your contacts transferred?

My phone was warm when i first set it up cause I was on it alot (new phone excitement) and it starting bringing over my contacts. After that it cooled down and I installed a few apps I knew I wanted on my phone fresh from google. I began getting 16+ hours after the first day because I had to work and am placing my phone down more.

alejovh1#AC

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
I have the same issue, battery only last 8 to 9 hours with normal use. Nothing on the background except gmail. No Wi-Fi, no Bluetooth, no nfc, no location. It also runs hot all day. I may exchange mine or return in a couple of days.

Stealthieone

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
Before I did a reset, i was getting less than 10hrs, around 4 hrs of screen time

The pics show after reset

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 162.jpg
    162.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 19

me23brown

Jun 26, 2015
Visit site
It could just be how you use your phone. For me I can generally only get 8-10 hours out of a charge while others can get a full day easy. Usage patterns and connectivity are probably the biggest factors. But it's been that way with all of my phones going back to the Note 3, Note 4, G4, Note 5, S7E, and now Note 7. I always have to charge it up during the day and at night. I guess my usage is more than most though.