Pictures are not downloading to the gallery

golfergirl13

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
My friend sent some pictures via email. So when I went to download the pictures, the pictures are now in "downloads' under My Files folder. How can I get my pictures from there to the Gallery? With my Note 4, it automatically went to the Gallery.

In Facebook, if I want to download a photo, it DOES save to the gallery.

Therefore, if someone sends me a picture, however can it be saved to the gallery???

Maynard

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
I downloaded a couple of photos from Facebook that were supposed to be in the downloads directory but did not show up in the gallery. The solution: they were downloaded as hidden files ("'." in front of the file name such as .facebook1.jpg and they won't show up). I simply renamed them getting rid of the preceeding "." and then no problem. I used Astro file manager as it lets you see hidden files in a folder.

golfergirl13

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
I downloaded FX File Manager and the pictures do NOT even show up whether I have hidden files on or off. It still shows up in my downloads via My File Folder. This is soooo frustrating.

edubb256

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Why don't you just move the file from the download folder to another folder like DCIM or Pictures using the My Files app?

I can see my download folder from the Gallery also. Don't know why you can't. Maybe you have a file named .nomedia in the download folder. The .nomedia file hides the contents of a folder from the Gallery app (which you want to do sometimes). If so, you could just delete the .nomedia file. If you do that, though all the pictures in the download folder will show up in the Gallery, which you may not want.

golfergirl13

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Why don't you just move the file from the download folder to another folder like DCIM or Pictures using the My Files app?

I can see my download folder from the Gallery also. Don't know why you can't. Maybe you have a file named .nomedia in the download folder. The .nomedia file hides the contents of a folder from the Gallery app (which you want to do sometimes). If so, you could just delete the .nomedia file. If you do that, though all the pictures in the download folder will show up in the Gallery, which you may not want.

When I go to My Files App, I do see the picture in the download.....and I have the option to "share".....however......the gallery app is NOT on the list.

edubb256

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
When I go to My Files App, I do see the picture in the download.....and I have the option to "share".....however......the gallery app is NOT on the list.

From the My Files app: Select the picture you want to move, tap the 3 dots in the top left, then tap Move. Then go to another folder like Pictures or DCIM and click Done.

golfergirl13

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
I went to my files app > download > selected picture. I have NO 3 dots in the top left, however, on the top right I do. But....there is NO option to "move"

Attachments

• Download.jpg
    Download.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 31

edubb256

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I meant top right, sorry. Did you select the file you want to move first? To select, you have to tap on the file and hold. Then a checkbox should appear to the left. Then tap the 3 dots on the top RIGHT.

edubb256

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Hope that works, but since the file does not show in the Gallery from the Download folder, I don't know that moving it will help. On my phone, pictures in the Download folder show up in the Gallery fine. Others above have said the same thing. Perhaps something is wrong with the file. If you tap on it once withing the My Files app, does the picture show up then?

golfergirl13

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
I meant top right, sorry. Did you select the file you want to move first? To select, you have to tap on the file and hold. Then a checkbox should appear to the left. Then tap the 3 dots on the top RIGHT.
When I select the file that I want to move, the option I have is "share".....then a list comes up, however "gallery app" is NOT on the list. When I click on the 3 dots, it just has "details".Snoopy golfing.jpg

edubb256

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
It looks like you are trying to move from the wrong place. You can't do it from "Recent Files" or "Categories". Here are the steps to move a file:
1. Tap My Files to open the app
2. Tap My device
3. Look for the folder containing the file you want to move (in your case, I think the Download folder) and tap it
4. Tap and hold the file you want to move (checkbox should appear on the right
5. Tap three dots on top right corner
6. Tap Move
7. Locate the folder you want to move the file to, select it and press done.

golfergirl13

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
It looks like you are trying to move from the wrong place. You can't do it from "Recent Files" or "Categories". Here are the steps to move a file:
1. Tap My Files to open the app
2. Tap My device
3. Look for the folder containing the file you want to move (in your case, I think the Download folder) and tap it
4. Tap and hold the file you want to move (checkbox should appear on the right
5. Tap three dots on top right corner
6. Tap Move
7. Locate the folder you want to move the file to, select it and press done.

I looked in the download folder, there was NO pictures.....HOWEVER....when I clicked on DCIM folder, the picture was there so that I could move it.

Thank you so much!!!