I just ordered a note 7 on 8/23 that should arrive on 8/25. What deal did you get on you note 7?

Silvercorvette

Oct 22, 2014
Visit site
I switched from Verizon to AT&T.

Since I already have DirecTV and AT&T internet I was eligible for this deal.

$29.30 per month for the note 7

$100 a month for unlimited voice, text, and unlimited cell phone internet (the speed throttles down if you go over 28 gigs per month) Those 28 Gigs are a whole bunch of Gigs

$1 for a new AT&T tablet plus an extra $10 a month to pair the tablet with the phone.
The table has a DirecTV app pre installed which allows me to watchful my DirectTV channels everywhere I go.

I also get a $650 prepaid Visa card for turning in my old note 4 in good condition (I can use the $650 to buy the note 7 outright or anything I want, I have an outstanding balance of $299 on my Verizon tablet which I will pay off with part of the bonus I got for switching from Verizon). And I also get credit for turning in my old Verizon tablet (the amount I get depends on the condition of the Verizon tablet).

I think I got a good deal, it always pays to shop for the best deal when you upgrade phones.

What kind of deal did you get?

PS I guess I should mention that Verizon does not have unlimited cell internet and they want approximately $300 a month for internet, I forgot if they price they quoted was for 24 or 30 Gigs

PPS I chose a silver note 7

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I pay about $50 per line, 5 lines =500gb. It's a soft limit though. I can go over and they won't charge me more. But go too high and they can cancel your line.

Phone price $100 ($300 - $200 Comcast visa cash card)

Silvercorvette

Oct 22, 2014
Visit site
I am retired and spend most of my time at home. Believe it or not I had one Gig a month with AT&T which was more than enough But when I traveled in my RV for 4 to 10 weeks in my RV I would switch my plan to 15 gigs a month that I would use as aWi-Fi hot spot and I would let my traveling companion use my date, then when I got homeI would drop back down again to 1 or 2 Gigs. I am no worried about using more than 28 Gigs a month but just out of curiosity I wonder how much they would drop the speed ifI went over 28 Gigs in a month I am sure there must be people with unlimited data I wonder how much they throttle down the speed when people over the 28 G

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I am retired and spend most of my time at home. Believe it or not I had one Gig a month with AT&T which was more than enough But when I traveled in my RV for 4 to 10 weeks in my RV I would switch my plan to 15 gigs a month that I would use as aWi-Fi hot spot and I would let my traveling companion use my date, then when I got homeI would drop back down again to 1 or 2 Gigs. I am no worried about using more than 28 Gigs a month but just out of curiosity I wonder how much they would drop the speed ifI went over 28 Gigs in a month I am sure there must be people with unlimited data I wonder how much they throttle down the speed when people over the 28 G

Verizon doesn't throttle or network optimize, either currently or in the past, 4glte even on unlimited data. Verizon is the only usa carrier not to throttle or network optimize 4glte unlimited data.

3g was network optimized but Verizon stopped that practice.

As for current plans, if you opt into the safety net option then they will provide you with 128kbps data after you use up your high speed bucket. This is about 2g speeds and videos would be unusable. Text only emails would be ok but anything with pictures would load slowly.

Silvercorvette

Oct 22, 2014
Visit site
I expect 28 Gigs to be more than enough (at least when I am in my camper,My camper has a Direct TV dish mounted on the roof. When I stop for the night at a campsite I push a button and the dish unfolds itself and locates a satellite so unless I am parked under some trees that are blocking the view ob the satellite the Direct TV dish is all I need in most situations. Unless I need to stream on Netflix or Amazon I won't be using much of my 28 Gigs a month. I am somewhat excited because the most I have added to my plan was about 12 to 15 Gigs and the was sharing the data with a person traveling with me and I still had a bunch of used data left over at the end of the month, It is like a double sammie. first of all I am getting the largest data plan I ever had and I am also getting a big step up from a note 4.

Anyhow back to my first statement. I think I got a super good deal on the phone, how does this compare what other people are paying?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy