Fitness tracker? Which to use now!?

castone001

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
I have used Endomondo for years paired with my Gear S. Love all the activity options etc that it offers. Never liked the fact that its not a true standalone (Gear S) only app but the rest of the app functions more then made up for it.
Now with the Note 7 I needed to reset my Gear S to get it to install/connect to the Gear Manager on the Note 7. (normal process it seems) Now the Gear S application download for the Endomondo to the Gear is gone from Galaxy Apps :( Looks like no support/Love from Endomondo.

So now what to use? So all yuo folks out there like me that like to track your gym, hikes, runs, bikes, walks, etc etc. What do you all use?

castone001

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
Which App. do you use on Gear S2? I don't plan on getting the Gear S2 and I actually ordered the GearFit2 with the note 7 promo.
Other option is to get a HRM strap again and just use the Note 7 running Endomondo and wait for the Gear Fit 2.

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
":-( After four back surgeries, a spinal cord stimulator, a permanently damaged right L4 nerve root, what's a Fitness Tracker? All I keep track of with my Note 7 is Doctor's appointments and prescription reminders :-(" he says laughing disgustedly!

Edit: (10:30PM) Sorry for the "Downer" post Folks - I was feeling a bit more under the weather than usual when I wrote this earlier!

Last edited:

mmohn01

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
I use the Garmin Fenix 3, and it works great with any operating system. The Connect app is very intuitive. I love the GPS tracking when going on hikes as well.

pinkvikchick

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
I use the Google Health app. HRM will pair with this also (I have a Polar H7). GPS for my runs are also tracked on this if I want. I had the Classic S2, worked perfect. Now I have a Huawei and still works great.

castone001

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
I may end up staying with Endomondo jsut use a separate HRM strap. I really like monitoring the Heart rate. others may not be concerned. I am currently testing out MapMyFitness but it is not as featured as Endomondo. :( I just wish the Gear functionality was there.

French

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
I bought into iCardio years ago and have stuck with that but I do have to manually turn it on whenever I work out and I don't know if it can talk to a watch. It is compatible with some HRMs though I don't use it with one. It also pulls in some info. from my Withings scale (my weight)...

I activated S Health and I'm on the fence about it. Doesn't look like it's much helpful without a HRM, EXCEPT I do like that it detects if I've taken a walk. That's my primary form of exercise these days so it's cool to not have to think about turning it on in order to get it to track. But it "talks" to Withings yet won't pull info. FROM...it will only send TO. So I have to manually enter my weight which I would think would be important for accurate calorie calculations. And if I want a map of my walk I have to remember to turn it on before I start. It will still register a walking workout just not quite as much detail.

One thing about S Health is it hasn't seemed very accurate on distance. I have been using it in conjunction with iCardio so I wonder if they are somehow fighting over GPS signal. And in my use, it seems iCardio uses significantly less battery than S Health. Today when I walked I decided to keep iCardio out of the equation and S Health seemed much more accurate for the distance and battery usage seemed o.k. I'll continue to test out S Health without iCardio for now...unless I start working out again inside (i.e. workout DVDs) it seems S Health really does fit my basic needs of today.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech