Note 7 Bluetooth Audio???

UN1SOL GR44

Aug 24, 2016
Visit site
Hi everyone,

Just picked up my Note 7 and loving it HOWEVER...I can't stream bluetooth audio through my car's stereo.

I can pair it, make and recieve phone calls with no issues at all...however when I open spotify to stream music, the music plays from the handset and NOT the stereo system, and yes I have the stereo set to "Bluetooth". I have checked the bluetooth connection settings on my Note 7 and it says its paired to "phone audio".

Prior to this I had a Note 4 and had no issues at all with the Bluetooth audio; my wifes iPhone works fine too.

Why is this happening??? Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers.

Super Dave426

Jul 28, 2012
Visit site
Hi everyone,

Just picked up my Note 7 and loving it HOWEVER...I can't stream bluetooth audio through my car's stereo.

I can pair it, make and recieve phone calls with no issues at all...however when I open spotify to stream music, the music plays from the handset and NOT the stereo system, and yes I have the stereo set to "Bluetooth". I have checked the bluetooth connection settings on my Note 7 and it says its paired to "phone audio".

Prior to this I had a Note 4 and had no issues at all with the Bluetooth audio; my wifes iPhone works fine too.

Why is this happening??? Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers.

Open the Bluetooth settings, tap the settings cog and see if the media audio is on.

Super Dave426

Jul 28, 2012
Visit site
That's all I have for now, I'm still playing around with all the settings on my Note 7 and mine plays audio through my car, no problem.

Last edited:

blackhemi4x4

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
Does yours have the media audio option ?

Have you deleted other paired phones from your car stereo yet?

9debfaab37aa780d514311775caa10d4.jpg

UN1SOL GR44

Aug 24, 2016
Visit site
**UPDATE**

Metadata shows on my stereo screen AND steering wheel controls will work if selecting "next track" or "previous track"....music is STILL playing through my Note 7 and not my speakers.
Connected an AUX cable to my stereo and Note 7 and the music played through my stereo speakers with no issues.

dohlo

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
What vehicle is it? What phone and software version did you have before? Not that it should change anything if it's only a few years old, but it's possible that if it's an OEM or even aftermarket stereo that the Bluetooth firmware in the head unit itself might not be updated to work with the current Bluetooth version on your phone. That's the only problem I could see.

Every once in a blue moon, the Pioneer head unit in my truck will randomly drop the Bluetooth audio connection but it will still say it's connected to media audio and I can control the audio via the head unit but the sound is from the phone. Turning Bluetooth off/on usually fixes it for me

Posted via the Android Central App

gdigenis

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
Sorry if this sounds basic but have you restarted your phone? I deal with customers all the time that have Bluetooth issues with their cars and no matter which platform they are running a reboot solves close to half of the issues.

UN1SOL GR44

Aug 24, 2016
Visit site
What vehicle is it? What phone and software version did you have before? Not that it should change anything if it's only a few years old, but it's possible that if it's an OEM or even aftermarket stereo that the Bluetooth firmware in the head unit itself might not be updated to work with the current Bluetooth version on your phone. That's the only problem I could see.

Every once in a blue moon, the Pioneer head unit in my truck will randomly drop the Bluetooth audio connection but it will still say it's connected to media audio and I can control the audio via the head unit but the sound is from the phone. Turning Bluetooth off/on usually fixes it for me

Posted via the Android Central App

Its a 2008 mazdaspeed 3 with a Clarion VX603AU stereo. I have switched bluetooth on and off many, many times and updated my stereo to the latest OS and Bluetooth firmware. I have restarted my Note 7 many, many times but still nothing.

**I connected to my Note 7 to my wife's 2014 VW Tiguan stereo (its aftermarket too) and it streamed spotify through bluetooth with no issues. I am now 90% sure the issue is my stereo and not with my Note 7.**

Thanks for all the ideas guys.

UN1SOL GR44

Aug 24, 2016
Visit site
Sorry if this sounds basic but have you restarted your phone? I deal with customers all the time that have Bluetooth issues with their cars and no matter which platform they are running a reboot solves close to half of the issues.

Thank for the tip mate! This was pretty much the first thing I did hahahaha....didn't fix anything. Normally the restart of the phone fixes almost all types of issues!

Dave Paterson

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
I had similar initial problem with Bose SoundLink II headphones. Would not play. Wondering if something wrong with phones internal audio I plugged in the supplied headphones (while still connected to Bluetooth headphones) and got sound out of the little Samsung earbuds. And then when I unplugged the Samsung earbuds (without pausing the music) it immediately carried on playing through the bluetooth headphones. Might be worth trying?

UN1SOL GR44

Aug 24, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for all the help guys. Dave I gave it a go AND still no sound from car stereo but thanks mate for the help. @TT_Vert I think you could be right...I'll post in the bug request! Thanks again guys!

TT_Vert

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
They never fixed this for the note7 now the issue still persists on their newest phone!! SAME EXACT DEAL ON MY NEW S8+ WTF guys? This has to get resolved!! The S7 works fine, Note7 and now your flagship S8+ do not work.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21