Note 7 catches fire and explodes while charging

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
Even though it looks like he is definitely using a third party cable it also looks like he is using the included Samsung micro USB go USB C adaptor that's in the box. If that's the case then that's a issue. I make no judgements until or if we see some type of investigation o. What actually happened.

dobo84

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
This happens with lots of phones , I had a iphone battery in a 6 explode not quite as extreme as this but its happened.

Preach2k

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Another Note 7 Explodes!

85fd2ccc6695b9efc29908cf69bd8983.jpg

http://www.sammobile.com/2016/08/31/another-galaxy-note-7-explodes-while-charging/

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
I'm waiting for official word on this if there's going to be one.

But I'm suspecting that these phones probably weren't using the original cable and wallwart combo. Especially in the second one, where although the wallwart and cable combo used wasn't mentioned, the post did tell people to use the provided wallwart and cable.

Perhaps this is a good time to remind folks that USB Type-C isn't really like microUSB. It's a more capable and intelligent port plus standard as a whole. As such, please use either the cable that comes included with the phone or third-party cables approved by Benson and/or Nathan. Same applies to wallwarts. I'd say the same for everything in general.

As for the adapter, use it with a good cable, especially the ones made by the original OEM, together with a good wallwart. Don't plug it into a random cheap cable.