Anyone else having an issue with BT in vehicles with their Note 7?

spasell

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
I have spent countless hours, which I cannot get back, trying to get my N7 to place nice with my BMW X3 (2013).

It always pairs fine..no issues. Then, after about 10 minutes, it goes into this "looking" phase and incredibly, while it shows on my N7, the paired phone disappears from my vehicle and shows No Phone and prompts me to add it, AGAIN. Which I have done, and then, the process repeats itself.

I had always thought that with the advances in BT technology, it is backwards compatible, but now, I am wondering.

Meanwhile, my iPhone 6s+ pairs with it perfectly and stays connected all the time,

I paired my N7 with my wife's 2013 C300 and that works fine and stays connected.

Very frustrating since I spend a lot of time traveling in my vehicle and would like to talk through the car rather than using an earpiece or headphones.

Anyone else experiencing this issue? Maybe with the advanced security of the N7 it's somehow interfering with the pairing of the two in keeping them connected? I researched it online both for my exact vehicle and the phone but it's still too new a device and/or maybe it's just something I am not doing right? Hoping someone would have the "magic" cure for this.

Carlo Villa

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
Nope, my Mercedes-Benz convertible and my new Note7 paired just fine 😊

It might be your car, that is really frustrating tho....

jj2339

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
My jeep actually has worked without an issue. I do get prompts whenever I get a message now, which my iPhone never did, so I need to figure out how to stop that, but beyond that it's worked fine. I have noticed it takes longer for the music to stream over the BT, but once it starts I'm fine.

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I have a panasonic and my only issue so far is when the phone rings I hear the ring tone faint through the speakers. I used to just hear a ringing sound.

MikeS1971

Jun 28, 2015
Visit site
Phone calls and music streaming both work fine in my 2011 Camaro SS. Only issue, which is not related to the phone is that after a period of silence when streaming navigation audio, the radio disconnects the Bluetooth input and switches back to the previous input.

Oj467

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
2011 Ford F-150 with Sync and mine paired up and works fine.

Have not tried it with my wife's 2016 Toyota Highlander but can if anyone needs confirmation.

hpl

Apr 30, 2015
Visit site
Mine randomly disconnected from my 2014 Dodge Charger RT yday and my car was acting like it couldn't find my phone so I deleted all of the other phones that were paired to my car and that seemed to fix the issue

Posted via the Android Central App

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Volume output is schizophrenic with my 2014 Outlander. Had no issues with Note 4 or MXPE, but has been a battle getting the right gain and output with the Note 7 and Poweramp. It is like the Note 7 does not "like" third party apps and wants the stock app used. Tried both with direct sound control and with it off in Poweramp settings, but still not stable with output.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MOSHE TVITO