Best Practices: Clear Apps Cache, Clear System Cache

Shamshi-Adad

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
I know how to do the tasks. Just wondering what Best Practice is for Housekeeping.

I'm a moderate user, retired, and a geek/techie, so no 15 hours a day business usage.
Not a heavy gamer.
But moderate usage of lots of other stuff.
Constantly got the hood up lookin' around.
Found "Dev Mode" last night and activated it - just to make life a little dangerous. :p
Y'all get the picture

Thanks. Peace. Alan

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
None of those things for housekeeping.

Android handles all those things well, as well as RAM and no need to manage it. Cache clears should be left for when and if you are experiencing problems with specific apps.

Cache wipe should also be left for if you are experiencing phone problems.

Last edited:

PRGDR

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
None of those things for housekeeping.

Android handles all those things well as well as RAM and no need to manage it. Cache clears should be left for when and if you are experiencing problems with specific apps.

Cache wipe should also be left for if you are experiencing phone problems.

+1

Dude2

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
How about if an app gets hung up and will not close on it's own? Is there a method for just force closing the specific application?

2Peks1Bird

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
Using a oneplus one here, still smooth af. But experience taught me to leave the clear cache partition in the recovery screen alone. Cuz whenever i do clear cache, android system keeps running in the background and eats up like that 200mah and drains my battery quick

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I don't do much. Probably once a week or so I will do a reboot. I will clear cache in recovery about once a month.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay