Note 7 Kindle application will not enable

ltownsend2

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
Rocking my new N7 - transferred all apps well with the exception of my Kindle reader application. Try as I have the app will not enable. It shows disabled under all apps. I have uninstalled and reinstalled to no avail.

What gives .... too many books loaded to lose out on this!!!!:-

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! When you say you transferred the Kindle app, do you mean that you installed it from Google Play Store and logged in with your Amazon account? You shouldn't have to physically transfer the app from the old phone to the new phone, and any books you have purchased should be in the Amazon cloud, easily accessible with the Kindle app.

ltownsend2

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
I used the Samsung app to transfer all my apps from old to new phone. Everything came over perfectly. I noticed that the Kindle app did not. It did not appear on my list of applications. So I went to download again from Playstore. The app downloaded like normal but showed up with an uninstall and enable button. I hit the enable button and nothing happened. Checked in list of applications - nada. Went back to Playstore and downloaded again. This time I got an update button and engage button. I chose the update as I noticed I had an older version. It went thru the update download and again I got uninstall and engage buttons. Hit the engage and nada.

I have been on tech support with Amazon Kindle for two days now. No one knows how to get the app engaged. It shows up "sometimes" in my list of installed apps as "disengaged".

Really frustrating....

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
If you Uninstall it, does it go away completely, or is it replaced by a factory preinstalled version?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arslan