Screen suddenly started dimming

boriqua2000

Nov 3, 2009
Visit site
All of a Sudden my screen gets dim on my home screen. When i open YouTube the screen get really bright and vibrant but as soon as i exit the app my screen dims. It also happens when im messaging. I have it full brightness and auto bright off. It wasn't doing that before. It started today. Any ideas?

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
That's because you have video enhancer turned on. Settings - Advanced features

6b3b431a08290ea8a915839271bf085f.jpg

boriqua2000

Nov 3, 2009
Visit site
I turned video enhancer off and YouTube didn't get bright anymore. It stayed at the same dimness as my home screen. What I'd like is for my home screen to look as bright as the YouTube app looks with video enhancer on. I don't know why it's getting dim. It Looks weak.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
You can turn off auto brightness and then set the brightness level to whatever you want if you don't want the screen to adjust brightness automatically based on lighting conditions.

83ec9fb7e5b29d0a6413ba4647cdc18d.jpg

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Also check if blue light filter if turned on. It can be set to turned on automatically at sunset till sunrise.

You can turn off if you don't like that.

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
That didn't work. The screen looked so good a few hours ago. I didn't hit anything or changed the settings

What didn't work? Are you saying that when you slide the brightness bar up from the notification shade, your screen doesn't get brighter?

boriqua2000

Nov 3, 2009
Visit site
I put auto brightness on and moved the slider to full brightness. It still looks dim. Also checked blue filter and its all off.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I put auto brightness on and moved the slider to full brightness. It still looks dim. Also checked blue filter and its all off.

The auto-brightness is going to read the lighting conditions around you. Also there are sensors in the front, you can block those sometimes with your head and it can make the screen more dim.

mamamumbles

Oct 8, 2016
Visit site
I'm having this same problem. Auto dim is OFF. Brightness bar is all the way bright. While I"m texting or on my phone for any reason, it goes dim, then bright, and back and forth. Not sure why!

the real batman

Aug 15, 2016
Visit site
I think what you're describing is occurring because you have Adaptive Display on. Under the 'Screen Mode' setting you have the option of Adaptive Display which is the default and will lighten or darken you display based on ambient light conditions or Amoled Photo, Amoled Cinema or Basic which are fixed settings. Choosing the option of the latter 3 that your prefer should fix the issue.

nosh1tman

Oct 22, 2014
Visit site
It's the same damn problem on mine. Ever since I got the replacement phone. Original phone was no problem. I Updated the software on day 1 to show the green battery icon. Keeping video enhancer on makes youtube app very bright. As soon as I go to the homepage or anything else it gets dim. Brightness slider all the way up. No auto bright. Adaptive looks best. Power Saving is not on either. They screwed up the Software. I'm on Verizon. Colors are washed out and dim unlike the original Note 7.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca