There is something seriously wrong with this phone.

Js2000ster

Aug 26, 2016
Visit site
I wanted to love this phone so much, but it's just not a good phone. I previously owned the note 2 and then the note 4, both were great phones and when I got the note 4 it felt like a great upgraded model from the note 2. This note 7 feels like a downgrade from my 2 year old note 4! This note 7 is slow, crashes all the time, and is a pain to use. Web pages load very slow and scrolling up and down in a webpage looks terrible, the text is jittery and is not smooth at all. When i take out the spen and do smart select and select an image it constantly crashes. I feel I've been ripped off and I think I need to look into returning it to att. Hopefully I don't get charged a bunch of restocking fees. I don't know, maybe I received a bad one. Maybe att bloat ware ruined this phone?

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I wanted to love this phone so much, but it's just not a good phone. I previously owned the note 2 and then the note 4, both were great phones and when I got the note 4 it felt like a great upgraded model from the note 2. This note 7 feels like a downgrade from my 2 year old note 4! This note 7 is slow, crashes all the time, and is a pain to use. Web pages load very slow and scrolling up and down in a webpage looks terrible, the text is jittery and is not smooth at all. When i take out the spen and do smart select and select an image it constantly crashes. I feel I've been ripped off and I think I need to look into returning it to att. Hopefully I don't get charged a bunch of restocking fees. I don't know, maybe I received a bad one. Maybe att bloat ware ruined this phone?
I had my note7 for about a week I ended up returning it and got a note 5 this phone runs better in my opinion and meets my needs I'm sure everybody on here has their own opinions about the different phones.

o4liberty

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
I would try a factory reset first my Note is very stable nothing like you discribe at all. An app is probably your issue causing the problem not the device. Coming from the Note 3 the 7 is light years ahead.

Last edited:

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
That's not the experience I have had with the note 7, it's been a positive experience for me. I hate saying this but I would suggest a factory reset, I know those are fighting words.

Other possibility is there is a app that is acting up. The only issue I have with the note 7 is with my gear s2 watch. At first I couldn't get notifications sent to the watch, now I have that working and now the battery on the watch goes down twice as fast as with my note 5.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Why first post ever about Note 7, and no previous posts about other devices? It would seem obvious something is wrong, since the issues described are even more severe than previous posts from people not happy.

Seems a rogue third party app, or something else corrupting.

mysterygirl

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I've had my phone for a week and don't think I've experienced a single crash. Your experience sounds unusual and I'd suggest a reset, some troubleshooting, or an exchange.

haganjeff

Nov 20, 2011
Visit site
I just don't get some of these experiences. It has to be apps causing the slowness or jitter. I have been using my Verizon Note 7 heavily since the 18th. The initial rush of the couple hundred apps, burned through the battery quickly, but since then I have had not a single issue or hiccup. Battery is lasting all day (15 hrs) with 4+ hours of screen time before charging. Not one slow down or hiccup. Such a breath of fresh air coming from my Note 3 that I would always have to wait a second when I started typing. I can't imagine a faster, smoother phone than my Note 7.

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site

Yeah my Smart Select also crashes...the same was doing for my Note 5, but my Note 5 did it more. I think its more of a software issue than a hardware issue.
However, I'm still keeping this phone because I think its better than my Note 5 the battery life is much better than the Note 5 I had

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I just don't get some of these experiences. It has to be apps causing the slowness or jitter. I have been using my Verizon Note 7 heavily since the 18th. The initial rush of the couple hundred apps, burned through the battery quickly, but since then I have had not a single issue or hiccup. Battery is lasting all day (15 hrs) with 4+ hours of screen time before charging. Not one slow down or hiccup. Such a breath of fresh air coming from my Note 3 that I would always have to wait a second when I started typing. I can't imagine a faster, smoother phone than my Note 7.

These posts are normal for every new Samsung release.

Tarah Sorber

Trusted Member
Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
I love my note 7.. i have not experienced any lag or over heating. Only thing that bothers me (i feel like im beating a dead horse) is the auto correct on mine does not work so i had to download swiftkey which fixed the issue, just hope samsung send an update eventually as i prefer the samsung keyboard. And i can not find a screen protector that will stay down... i would go naked, but im afraid lol.

blackhawk77#WN

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
I came from a note 4 which I was extremely happy with as well. I love the note 7 so far and have had zero issues with. It is noticeably faster then the note 4 and the overall feel is excellent. It's hard to imagine these people are talking about the same phone, maybe there are some note 7 lemons out there but mine is perfect.

anon(2383976)

May 10, 2012
Visit site
I usually wait for the first batch of phones to go out get user feedback and release the new batch with improvements from Samsung. This happened with note edge and note 5. Also am hoping Samsung to release unlocked version in US.

pool_shark

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
Yeah my Smart Select also crashes...the same was doing for my Note 5, but my Note 5 did it more. I think its more of a software issue than a hardware issue.
However, I'm still keeping this phone because I think its better than my Note 5 the battery life is much better than the Note 5 I had

It hasn't happened once on my Note 5.
I'm still wondering if people are disabling too much.

Floridadomer

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
My wife and I picked up our Note 7's on launch day. We previously had the S6 Edge Plus. Both of our phones have had no issues and very responsive. We are using Nova Launcher on both of our phones.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams