I loved this phone until I can't use messages!!

climb

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
Can't use messages!!

When I hit message app, hit on an existing text message thread, a white box appears "ALLOW MESSAGE TO ACCESS PHOTOS,MEDIA,AND FILES ON YOUR DEVICE"

I press allow, next box says "screen overlay detected, to change this permission setting, you first have to turn off the screen overlay from settings app"

I have gone through every permutation of choices and the messages still can't be accessed

Anyone else experience this and can help me?

Thanks!!!

climb

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
Re: I loved this phone until.........

Can't use messages!!

When I hit message app, hit on an existing text message thread, a white box appears "ALLOW MESSAGE TO ACCESS PHOTOS,MEDIA,AND FILES ON YOUR DEVICE"

I press allow, next box says "screen overlay detected, to change this permission setting, you first have to turn off the screen overlay from settings app"

I have gone through every permutation of choices and the messages still can't be accessed

Thanks!!!

And......this only happens with the Samsung message app......the Verizon Message app works fine.....

climb

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site

Did you disable anything in your system apps through package disabler or anything?

I did but removed the package disabler ........

Now, this is weird, I just received my first text of the day, in Samsung messages, and now I can respond, to that particular person. I texted to several other contacts on existing message threads and it is now working

Weird

alejovh1#AC

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site

It's an app somewhere. I had the same problem and for me it was a screen filter app I had downloaded. Removed and the issue was gone.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

I did but removed the package disabler ........

Now, this is weird, I just received my first text of the day, in Samsung messages, and now I can respond, to that particular person. I texted to several other contacts on existing message threads and it is now working

Weird

Then you must have disabled something that wasn't bloat. I use package disabler to disable some bloat. The only time I've seen that on my Note 5 was trying to set up Greenify on my Note 5 before.

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site

Can't use messages!!

Thanks!!!

Have you reset the message App cache and data? It's worth a try.

climb

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site

Then you must have disabled something that wasn't bloat. I use package disabler to disable some bloat. The only time I've seen that on my Note 5 was trying to set up Greenify on my Note 5 before.

The only thing I did different yesterday was downloading the package disabler and I think that has something to do it it, although the message app didn't begin misbehaving until last night ........

Once I received an inbound text this morning, it seemed to clear the problem......for now....

Thanks to everyone for helping with suggestions, that why I love these forums so much, many good souls out there !!!!

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

The only thing I did different yesterday was downloading the package disabler and I think that has something to do it it, although the message app didn't begin misbehaving until last night ........

Once I received an inbound text this morning, it seemed to clear the problem......for now....

Thanks to everyone for helping with suggestions, that why I love these forums so much, many good souls out there !!!!

Oh.. Did you open package disabler and set admin, etc? That could be an issue. With Greenify I can't remember what all steps I went through to get it corrected but I got it corrected and didn't have to uninstall.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX