Extremely Slow Wireless Charging

matt3166

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
So I'm at a complete loss at what is going on. I have the official fast wireless charger and it is taking all night to charge the Note 7.
I had the wireless stand at first and exchanged it for the flat one thinking it was the defective but nope.
As you can see from the pic, I put the phone on the charger before midnight I think it was around 11:30. It indicated it was fast charging and it would be fully charged in under 2 hours, the phone was around 30%.
I wake around 5am and notice the fan on the charger is still running and the phone is only at 90%.
Do I have a bad phone? I don't think software has anything to do with it, would it? Anyone else experiencing this?

Attachments

• 112.jpg
    112.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 56

keepnitreel

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
I only experienced that once and for me, it was due to enabling the screen saver when charging... soon as I noticed what was going on, I disabled the screen saver and now it's fast charging like normal....

matt3166

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
I only experienced that once and for me, it was due to enabling the screen saver when charging... soon as I noticed what was going on, I disabled the screen saver and now it's fast charging like normal....

I do have that enabled. Going to disable it and see what happens.
Thanks

guinnkevinr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Fast charger works great for me. I use it at work and charges from 70% to 100 in about 30 mins. Phone is never hot after. I haven't tried using it from dead to full though so who knows if it would at that point.

jayp1306

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Go to settings >battery>top right advanved settings>fast wireless charging tab should be blue. I had the same issue initially