Note 7 installed a bunch of bloatware by itself?

mikehstry

Mar 25, 2016
Visit site
So I just did - though I'm hesitant because I'm not sure what is/isn't actually necessary for some things, e.g. Oculus updates for Gear VR and so on. DT Ignite will only affect the auto installation of apps from Verizon? Is that accurate?

Regardless... the fact that this is a thing is revolting. I'm savvy enough to post here and to know how to disable the app. But what about the users who aren't? It's just so crappy.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Are you freaking kidding me?

I noticed an extra page of apps this morning and was surprised to find that a bunch of apps had installed seemingly by themselves. Mobile Strike, Empire, Viator, eBay, go90…

That is insane. Can you opt out of having apps you don’t choose installed on your phone?

I guess this was bull? https://9to5google.com/2016/05/09/verizon-dt-ignite-galaxy-s7-statement/

Anyone else notice this?
You can't opt out, however, don't log into your Google account when you setup the phone, disable dt ignite in the app manager, and the apps shouldn't install.

Verizon wants to install bloat on as many devices as possible since they get $1-2 per app per device install.

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
Are you freaking kidding me?

I noticed an extra page of apps this morning and was surprised to find that a bunch of apps had installed seemingly by themselves. Mobile Strike, Empire, Viator, eBay, go90…

That is insane. Can you opt out of having apps you don’t choose installed on your phone?

I guess this was bull? https://9to5google.com/2016/05/09/verizon-dt-ignite-galaxy-s7-statement/

Anyone else notice this?

I believe those particular apps were installed by Samsung as a "gift" for buying the Note 7. They did the same thing with my Note 5. I simply uninstalled them and I have not seen them re-installed. I didn't block any programs including DT Ignite. My experience is that after several reboots over the past few days they have not re-appeared......yet! :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol