Kelly Kearns' suggestion got rid of all lag for me.

calicocat2010

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
Theoretically, those should be fine. Can you upload photos to One Drive and then get them and sync to Google Photos?

I use Samsung cloud for my text also. I used smart switch last time for them but this time I got them from the cloud.

Kelly, I only saw Samsung Cloud Print in the Google Play store. Where can I find Samsung Cloud?

Edit. Nevermind. It's only for Note 7. I'll download it when I get the 7.

Aug 28, 2016
Visit site
A lot of those people having seem to be using Smart Switch. The one time I used it, I ended up witj the media server bug I'm still trying to get rid of.
Go to application clear media server cache and clear the data for that app and it will clear up. I had this happen before and it cleared right up. It's trying to scan a corrupt file usally usally a pic in the gallery and it's stuck on it so it draws battery

Last edited:

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Kelly, I only saw Samsung Cloud Print in the Google Play store. Where can I find Samsung Cloud?

Edit. Nevermind. It's only for Note 7. I'll download it when I get the 7.
Glad you found it. That is something I don't know yet, I haven't gotten my Note 7 yet. I'm really interested to check out the Samsung cloud.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Go to application clear media server cache and clear the data for that app and it will clear up. I had this happen before and it cleared right up. It's trying to scan a corrupt file usally usally a pic in the gallery and it's stuck on it so it draws battery
I don't see media server listed, just Media Storage so I cleared data there and data in the Gallery.

I never got this with a phone that had an SD card like most people have.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Ah. I don't but mybsd card is in the mail so I don't have the issue yet. I'm not sure I will even use the sd card.
Even if you use the card you should use Google Photos. It is free unlimited video and picture storage.

A card is something that can fail. I've never had one fail but I have seen tons of them fail here. It doesn't take them off your card if you don't want, but will still upload a copy to Google Photos.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Even if you use the card you should use Google Photos. It is free unlimited video and picture storage.

A card is something that can fail. I've never had one fail but I have seen tons of them fail here. It doesn't take them off your card if you don't want, but will still upload a copy to Google Photos.
Although there are ways around it I know I often take pictures at work that are sensitive and should not be on the cloud. We're not talking national security here but private info that should be as secure as possible.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Well you can set to when it uploads to only charging etc. Then you can make a folder that you don't choose to ever upload and move them there when you take them.

You choose what folders to upload.

Also if one gets uploaded it is very easy to delete it from your account.

Now the settings on the cloud are what you make them. No one can see my picture withoutu Gmail account info.

You can also make different folders in Google Photos.

Shamshi-Adad

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
There is a Samsung back up in back up and restore for that.. Unless you are on Verizon. In the past they have always removed that.
There's a whole thread here I Think I Found Samsung Cloud On Note 7
It works for me. Verizon didn't remove it, they just killed access to it. I and others are successfully accessing S-Cloud and S-Backup and Restore.

Peace. Alan

ps Can somebody give me a "Like"?

edubb256

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I was about to return my Note 7 because the lag was so bad. I initially had set up using Smart Switch.

But after a factory reset, loading everything the old fashioned way (as a new phone, without using Smart Switch) and formatting my SD card, my lag problems seem to be solved.

DamianP

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
I did a full FDR and also had a noticeable improvement, but still has some lag and stutters all over the UI. Same apps that I use on the Nexus 6P and OP3 that have no lag. With that said, its a wonderful phone, just the user experience isn't as good FOR ME as the Nexus or OP3 even after an FDR.
I always load the phone as a new device.

Shamshi-Adad

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
There's a whole thread here I Think I Found Samsung Cloud On Note 7
It works for me. Verizon didn't remove it, they just killed access to it. I and others are successfully accessing S-Cloud and S-Backup and Restore.

Peace. Alan
I need to correct some information I gave. The S-Cloud access is ONLY for Backups and Restores, which happens on their cloud.
Right now, Samsung's site says there IS NO access to the cloud for uploading files and such, like OneDrive. BUT they say that is coming soon.
Samsung's Cloud Website.

Sorry if I caused too much grief, but at least you can do your Backup and Restores to Samsung. :(

Peace. Alan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
educationalco22