Custom Notification Sound

monkeypimp

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
I feel like an ***** right now but I want to change my text message sound to a custom sound but I can't figure how to do it. I can figure out how to add a custom ringtone but the option doesn't exist under the notification sounds settings.

Any help would be great!

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I feel like an ***** right now but I want to change my text message sound to a custom sound but I can't figure how to do it. I can figure out how to add a custom ringtone but the option doesn't exist under the notification sounds settings.

Any help would be great!
If you use Zedge and download one you like, right on the page you download a window should pop up letting you pick what to assign it to (ringtone, message, etc)

verks

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site

Any help would be great!

You can change it under sound settings and in the messaging app.

monkeypimp

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
I figured it out. When you add a custom ringtone it does not use the file name when it lists it in the list of ringtones. It uses the IDtag data track name. that is why i couldn't find it in the list.

CarlosAY

Sep 21, 2016
Visit site
I just did this on my brand new, NON-exploding (hopefully) Note 7... Select the sound bite you want to user for your notification, then select the menu and Move it to the notifications folder. In my case it's My phone > Notifications.

Easy peasy!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca