Nova launcher or Touchwiz?

FaxMachine

Aug 25, 2016
Visit site
Currently using touchwiz but I've heard Nova is smoother and allows for more customisations?

Running the exynos variant so my Note has been performing really well but I'd like to know why so many people use Nova.

markwebb

Aug 26, 2016
Visit site
More customizations and runs smoother and allows access to other features. Just give it a try: can always uninstall or switch without losing anything.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I've always used TouchWiz but wanted to use a launcher but they always lagged. I've been a TouchWiz user since the Galaxy S. I was always fine with TouchWiz. Oddly.. I don't like the new changes to TouchWiz in the last few phones.

I'm on Nova Prime now. I like it much better. I can choose icon packs, I can have more icons in the tray at the bottom of the screen. I have 14 because I have two pages of icons and I can scroll the tray from side to side.

You can also save your set up so if you get a new phone or have another phone, all phones are set up the same.

Also you can still use Samsung themes if you want. I use the themes just for menu colors etc. I use my icons and my wallpaper. There are extra widgets also with Nova. Your icons on the app drawer stay in alphabetical order.

I tried several over the years and like I said I always experienced lag, but Nova hasn't had any lag for me.

anon(749368)

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
It depends on how you use it. If you don't take advantage of the swipe gestures in Nova, stick to TW. I've had Nova on my older phones but not on S6&7.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I only use one swipe gesture and have just recently started using it. I like Nova for the fact I can customize my icons and I can have more icons in the tray and they have infinite scrolling. Oh and I forgot the big thing..

Samsung removed the infinite scrolling in the app drawer. I have that back with Nova.

spotnjack

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
For now I'm using Touchwiz. I've used Nova Launcher on my last two devices (S4, Note 4), but I kept reading how Samsung has cleaned up and simplified Touchwiz and decided to give it a chance. As far as how it works, I have no complaints but I miss my icon packs and infinite scrolling in the app drawer. I'm not an S-Pen power user so I can live with the limitations that Nova Launcher imposes upon it. I'll probably be back on my saved Nova Launcher set up within a few days.

mru007

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Touchwiz offers a multitude of features & it is really buttery smooth on 2015 / 2016 Samsung phones. I would prefer it over any launcher.
But you can give a try to Nova Launcher because it is the best launcher in Android world, and you can switch back to Stock look & fell, if you don't like it or feel it's using more resources of your devices :)

drusum

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
Nova's good, however I don't think it's updated to fit the Note 7 yet. I'll be sticking with TW for now.

Dimas de Leon

Aug 22, 2016
Visit site
I want to like Touchwiz and I give it a try now and then but then I miss Nova and I switch back, sometimes just minutes later after switching over lol.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
I currently use Nova Prime, but I gave the TW launcher a go for a couple of days and it's actually not bad. However, I switched to Nova for familiarity's sake, and my gestures plus customization.

gdigenis

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
Nova is usually the first thing I install on a new phone as I like the gestures. I found that on this phone it is not as smooth as the tw launcher and it is noticeable enough for me that I am now using tw.

I will try again after any software updates to the phone or app.

badMojo69

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
I just tried NovaP and I'm back on TW. I didn't see a need for it as I'm not into the swipe gestures and I typically only have 1 screen.
I'm one of those people who do use the edge features of the edge...I'm odd like that. :)

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
I just tried NovaP and I'm back on TW. I didn't see a need for it as I'm not into the swipe gestures and I typically only have 1 screen.
I'm one of those people who do use the edge features of the edge...I'm odd like that. :)
Haha, you're not the only one.

I use the edge features too. I actually find them useful.

omgitselaine

Banned
Apr 10, 2016
Visit site
I just recently downloaded Nova and am enjoying it with the customization and whatnot.

For now I'll " test drive " it but so far I don't see myself going back to TW ?!

spotnjack

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site

I've set up a couple of panels and am starting to use it more and more

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
For me it's between Nova and Google Now launcher. Currently Nova with swipe up gesture for Google now, swipe down gesture for app search. And dark theme thru out Nova launcher.
Disabled TouchWiz home via package disabler pro.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781