Anyone else disappointed with their Note 7?

Nyt1

Aug 27, 2016
Visit site
I've had the Note 5 for over a year and LOVED it so was very excited to see all great reviews of the Note 7. After 3 days though I think I'm going to keep the note 5 and return the Note 7. The two biggest things I look for in a phobe are battery life and camera. So far it seems the Note 7 is inferior to the Note 5 in both these aspects and significantly so. My battery life is so terrible I almost wonder if my unit is defective - I'm currently at 61% after 4 hours of averahe use when my note 5 would easily be at 75% by now.

Am I the only one who feels this way? I want to love this phone (and I do love how easy it is to hold with the curved edges and also that its water proof) but I feel like it's such a disappointment.

Viscomi4444

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site
I work 11 hour days and my battery will be anywhere between 60-70% and it'll be average use. Texting throughout the day and music for a couple hours. Your unit seems defective.

NotAnAppleGuy

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
Not a fan. But I needed a new phone due to my Note Edge sitting at the bottom of a river for 1 hour. The Edge still works but the signal text/calls come in when they want. With that being said, the phone is ALOT smaller in width than what I'm use to.

I'm sure others love the phone, I guess I'm trying to still get acclimated to it.

Strong_Genetics

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
I'm getting the same battery life I was getting with my note 5 but with the note 7 I'm leaving location on...I would only turn it on on the note 5 when I'm about to use nagivation....So always on location and same battery life I'm happy.....

And the Camera is muchhh better

linzgeneral

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I've had the Note 5 for over a year and LOVED it so was very excited to see all great reviews of the Note 7. After 3 days though I think I'm going to keep the note 5 and return the Note 7. The two biggest things I look for in a phobe are battery life and camera. So far it seems the Note 7 is inferior to the Note 5 in both these aspects and significantly so. My battery life is so terrible I almost wonder if my unit is defective - I'm currently at 61% after 4 hours of averahe use when my note 5 would easily be at 75% by now.

Am I the only one who feels this way? I want to love this phone (and I do love how easy it is to hold with the curved edges and also that its water proof) but I feel like it's such a disappointment.

Guys, please don't flame the poster. I wrote a post based on my underwhelming experiences on 4 visits to stores before the Note 7 was released. I was disparaged considerably for my honest opinion. Lo and behold, all of my complaints, the few that I listed, have all been cited several times in different threads, in more frustrating details nonetheless.

From the inferior build quaility and speed (I find my year old Note 5 as fast if not quicker, ( exynos faster than snapdragon?), to stuff like the smaller spen and curved screen, without a choice to choose one with a flat more practical screen.

The irony is that I will be getting a Note 7 on Monday and I am not in the least excited, almost afraid. Take into account all of the negative experiences I have been reading about and I may just devise a way to back out of the deal and stick with my Note 5.

For a $900 phone, we should not have all of these complaints, certainly not the nature of these complaints, where a later generation material like Gorilla Glass 5 is weaker than its predecessor.
For the record I have carried my Note 5 naked for the past 5 months and I don't not have one single scratch on the back or front. It is spotless.

Now I am reading, from you guys, that the Note 5 camera may be better. Please don't tell me this is true..

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
Guys, please don't flame the poster. I wrote a post based on my underwhelming experiences on 4 visits to stores before the Note 7 was released. I was disparaged considerably for my honest opinion. Lo and behold, all of my complaints, the few that I listed, have all been cited several times in different threads, in more frustrating details nonetheless.

From the inferior build quaility and speed (I find my year old Note 5 as fast if not quicker, ( exynos faster than snapdragon?), to stuff like the smaller spen and curved screen, without a choice to choose one with a flat more practical screen.

The irony is that I will be getting a Note 7 on Monday and I am not in the least excited, almost afraid. Take into account all of the negative experiences I have been reading about and I may just devise a way to back out of the deal and stick with my Note 5.

For a $900 phone, we should not have all of these complaints, certainly not the nature of these complaints, where a later generation material like Gorilla Glass 5 is weaker than its predecessor.
For the record I have carried my Note 5 naked for the past 5 months and I don't not have one single scratch on the back or front. It is spotless.

Now I am reading, from you guys, that the Note 5 camera may be better. Please don't tell me this is true..

My S6 Edge Plus Camera beat the tar off of this one. : D

bable

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
My main complaint that I didn't know about ahead of time has been around signal strength, I've been through three Notes 7 since T-Mobile swore it must be a lemon but my note 4 made and received phone calls in my office without issue. My 3 note 7s get 1 bar max, which isn't enough to use cellular shenanigans. Waiting with fingers crossed for the new nexus, and hoping the used note 7 price doesn't crash ;)

accordex#AC

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
Bugs are popping up like crazy...I hope they fix it soon.....I've usually bought unlocked phones, which would be more "known for having issues"....never really had any, till this thing.

If Leno/Moto put out a refreshed Moto X, this thing would be back at the Tmo store asap...I'm almost considering returning it and getting an Axon 7

jerrycau123

Mar 13, 2015
Visit site
This main issue I had with the note 5 was the fingerprint scanner, NIGHTMARE! The note 7 is by far the best phone I've ever owned!

Nyt1

Aug 27, 2016
Visit site
What is 4 hours of 'average use" to you?

Post screen shots of battery stats.

"Average use" was used to compare same type of use time between note 5 and note 7. I took a screenshot but unfortunately Im not sure how to post photos from my mobile.

It's sounding like the battery might be unique to me so i think I will reauest a new device from t mobile.

Oh and also what's up with not being able to disable BadgeProvider without dowloading an app?? Again something that was not an issue on my note 5...

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
I hope u are joking.. Lol... That's 2 generations back..

I'm not, if we're talking daytime shots. Low light are a different story.

Look, no phone is for everyone. The Note has always been a niche device. It was never going to appeal to everyone. I think everyone should get the device they're going to be happy with. For some, the Note will be it. For others...well...it's just going to be too much work for too much money, to get it running the way they would like.

As much as I LOVE Note phones, based on everything I've read and seen, I'll stick with my S7 Edge without a second thought. I'm sure It's an outstanding device, but not for everyone.

linzgeneral

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Fortunately I don't come to this forum to get official reviews of the device. Everybody who is a professional in the field with maybe one or two exceptions has roundly praised the Note 7, and called its camera and display the best one available. I certainly wont flame the original poster just because this is his first message in this forum, even though I do sometimes wonder why a person who has never posted here would go through the five-minute hassle of signing up to get an account here just to leave their one and only message, which is to trash the device. However, he has that right, and I will grant him that right. So my only response will be this, I have followed cell phone forums for 5 years now, and I can't remember any phone receiving as few complaints and as many praise reports as the Note 7 has. So it doesn't bother me when the occasional complaint pops up, since I know it is way, way, way outweighed by the positive reports.

That's just the problem. These guys doing these reviews aren't really experts. I have had every single Note, except the 7, which I receive on Monday, as my main every day driver. I don't think 1% of these guys, these so called experts, can make this claim. Lots of them are iPhone junkies, or prefer other phones for one reason or the other.

Bottom line they don't use these phones for any extended period of time. Comments like this is the best display that I ever saw. I don't see any difference than the display on the Note 4, note 5, or the 7, except for the curve. The display like the one on the s7 , the s7 edge, or even s6 , is the same superior, best in class screen that only Samsung can produce.

Unless you are coming from another phone or better other manufacturer, you already know what to expect, the best screen available period, pretty much the same as the recent prior Samsung flagships.

How many times have you read statements, mostly criticisms from these so called experts, that is totally contrary to your everyday user experience. These guys get a phone, for a few hours or days, ooohh and awe in anticipation, often replicating the stereotypes, write their review, and go right back to using their daily driver, typically another phone.

I want this phone to be great because if it's not, then I dont have the latest and greatest which is my goal. I think at this point, there are a lot of legitimate concerns as to whether this is actually the case. Except for battery life and storage, I actually prefer my Note 5, and it's by a considerably comfortable margin.. Mind you, I pick up my coral blue Note 7 on Monday, albeit with a tinge of apathy..

anon(5630457)

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site

Inferior build quality? Seriously?

The camera on the Note 7 is better than the camera on the Note 5. And GG5 does not scratch easily. That video has been thoroughly debunked.

wirelessgal

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
I returned my Note 7 today because I didn't feel it was a significant upgrade to my Note 5. I have the Exynos version of the Note 5 and the battery life and performance is similar. The S Pen is much improved on the Note 7 but it wasn't enough for me to spend $1200 for that reason.
IMO, anyone who has a Note 4 and older devices, the Note 7 will be a significant upgrade. Note 5 owners, not so much unless you have to have the latest and greatest device.

linzgeneral

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Inferior build quality? Seriously?

The camera on the Note 7 is better than the camera on the Note 5. And GG5 does not scratch easily. That video has been thoroughly debunked.

Actually not true. I sincerely hope the camera is better on the 7 and anticipate that it is. However, the scratching is real. Read the posts right here, in this very forum, real world experiences. And the realist experience I witnessed for my self.

I asked the Sprint rep to show me examples of the colors they had, as my coral blue wasn't in stock, hence me receiving it on Monday. She took the two she had, a silver and a coral blue, from under the display case. The coral blue had three inch long, parallel scratches to the back, at the bottom.

I commented about this to the rep, and she agreed that the glass was much more easily scratched on the new phone. These are phones under the glass and not on display for use by customers.

Because yours isn't scratched, or at least not yet, doesn't mean that someone else may not have had an issue. I wrote about the inferior feel in terms of build quality versus the note 5. This was before the phone was released. I compared both phones and the Note 5 just felt heavier and more solidly built, like the glass was thicker and more durable.
It's on record, I mentioned this, although I never anticipated this scratch controversy as I expected the new glass to be tougher than the previous by virtue of it being a newer and expectly improved generation.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781