Samsung Galaxy Note 7 vs IPhone 7

Matt_james_matt

Aug 23, 2016
Visit site
Hey Everyone,
What do yous think, What do you think will be better Note or iPhone, What features do you like about each, What os do you like better. Are you deciding which one to get.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Hey Everyone,
What do yous think, What do you think will be better Note or iPhone, What features do you like about each, What os do you like better. Are you deciding which one to get.

Well here at Android Central, the Note will be considered better. Now if you post this at iMore, then the iPhone will be considered better.

fitcherama

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
I'm coming from iOS and iPhones to the Note 7. Previous android experience is the Note 3. Personally I'm bored by iOS. It's fantastic and smooth and works well but my heart has been won over by the Note 7. I won't get it until next week (when UK preorders ship) but I'm excited to be coming back to android. Both phones will have their strongpoints. It looks like the iPhone 7 will be focused on offering substantial camera upgrades for example. However, the broad scope of functionality, customisation and down right beauty of the Note 7 makes it an easy decision for me.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
The 2016 iPhone isn't officially out yet. So we don't know how it's going to actually be like.

To me, the iPhone and the Samsung Galaxy devices are great phones, but they have different philosophies.

The iPhone is focused on delivering a fast, smooth experience while offering the basics, without anything too fancy or stuff that users may consider "gimmicky". You won't find super-extreme-ultra killer features on the iPhone (though NVMe storage on the 6s is considered pretty killer for me, along with 3D Touch, but YMMV), but it offers a pretty consistent experience. The Galaxy devices are focused on giving the user as much features as possible, such as multi-window, S Pen stuff on the Note, edge panels on the Edge devices (Note Edge, S6 edge/edge+, S7 edge, Note7), Samsung Pay and others. This means that the Galaxy devices can do much more than what an iPhone could right out of the box. However, you won't find iPhone or Nexus-beating performance here, but Samsung has cleaned up their software quite nicely in recent times, so while it's not iPhone-fast, it is still as fast as a lot of flagship devices released this year, and in the real-world, you'll probably not notice a difference. My Note has been a pretty fast performer, on par with other flagships released in 2016 in the real-world.

Naturally, this comes down to personal preference. Do you want a consistently fast and fluid experience and don't care about the extras while also caring about a really long software-update timelines? Go with the iPhone. If you want more features, see yourself using them, and find that they really improve the user experience, go with the Galaxy devices. Ecosystem also plays a role here.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Whatever the case, the general consensus from the media including the news ones will be it is revelatory and super duper amazing. Most will probably draft their articles before even touching the device.

o4liberty

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
Samsung has done a great job with the size of the device this is want attracted me to the note. Even with a slim case on the note is much smaller than the 6S plus and it has a bigger screen.

steveh552

Trusted Member
Mar 6, 2010
Visit site
I just switched over from the 6splus to the Note 7. Obviously your comparing apples to oranges here. I love the Apple ecosystem how everything integrates between the phone and my other iDevices. But I was bored with it, wanted something I could do more with. This is my first Note and honestly the first Samsung I have been happy with. I hated my S3/4/5 and even had a 7 Edge I took back. I think it was more the Touchwiz that got me. I don't see so much Touchwiz on this device. It works great, decent battery life and I am getting use to the android system,

One other thing I that my iPhone and going for it that this device does not, my log in for all of my banks was able to be done with a finger print. I nearly forgot all those passwords. I have to use them to use them in this device.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Uh oh.. Sounds like that relationship that was calling you back to iPhone is either good with your Samsung addiction or not a factor anymore.

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
Uh oh.. Sounds like that relationship that was calling you back to iPhone is either good with your Samsung addiction or not a factor anymore.
It was true my iPad was a device I couldn't shake but my Note 5 was a work horse and gave me everything I needed. The big test came when I had to use my work iPad for a training. Normally using it for a day would cause me to miss it. But I didn't miss it. I just didn't want to use it anymore. I'm over iOS. Finally.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Well if you feel like you might fall off the wagon, don't try to handle it yourself. I'll be your sponsor, contact me and I'll find you some good news toys to keep you on the straight and narrow 😁

badMojo69

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
According to the sales figures more and more people are switching over to Samsung "android" than are buying iPhones.
Globaly. That doesn't mean Samsung "android" is better, but I think it's refreshing from what iPhone has been offering.

I was looking at my work phone (which is a IP6S) and the screen next to my N7 looks like fuzzy and dull.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
I use an iPad and a Note.

I'd say that's a good working combo, especially since my Note has been shaping up to be quite the workhorse.

badMojo69

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
I use an iPad and a Note.

I'd say that's a good working combo, especially since my Note has been shaping up to be quite the workhorse.
I use to use an iPad until I kept running out of space. I read a ton of comics and magazines on my tablet. So I went out and got a refurbished NotePro 12.2 for around $300 and OMG it's old but I love it so much. It's the perfect size for the type of reading I do and I has a memory card slot. I'm not even close to running out of space.

My daughter has my iPad now and pretty much uses it for youtube and surfing.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
I use to use an iPad until I kept running out of space. I read a ton of comics and magazines on my tablet. So I went out and got a refurbished NotePro 12.2 for around $300 and OMG it's old but I love it so much. It's the perfect size for the type of reading I do and I has a memory card slot. I'm not even close to running out of space.

My daughter has my iPad now and pretty much uses it for youtube and surfing.
Heh, expandable storage FTW. XD

My iPad has 128GB of internal storage, however. I kinda feel guilty because I haven't used half of it. XD

French

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Heh, expandable storage FTW. XD

My iPad has 128GB of internal storage, however. I kinda feel guilty because I haven't used half of it. XD

Same here. I actually seem to be using my iPad less now that I'm firmly back in the Android world with my phone. I switched from an iPhone in June (Samsung Galaxy S7)...I had forgotten how much MORE I feel I can do on Android versus the iPhone. I'm thisclose to thinking I could even be happy watching movies on the Note 7 versus the iPad (the screen IS gorgeous on this note). I'm definitely only using the iPad for consumption at this point...entertainment. Once in a while I might fire it up for internet surfing but I've become very comfortable using the Note and Samsung browser for that, too. If ONLY there was a reliable, wired solution to stream movies from my Note to a television I think I could see me giving up my iPad entirely. With the memory card I'm supposed to get as a gift (but who knows when) I'd love to throw my movie collection on their and then when I want to see them on a bigger screen, stream them. It has to be a "wifi free" solution, though. Direct wifi works fair...but I noticed sound will drop out at times.

Anyway I digress...I'm definitely firmly back in the Android world but I do look forward to seeing what the iPhone will bring.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad