Gear VR and device lock- up after use

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Finally tried the new Gear VR last night. The visual experience is much better than the Note 4. Still some screen door, but not as pronounced and brighter. The problem is when removing the N7 from the Gear VR the N7 display was blacked out with only an "x" in a corner. The nav buttons were on, but stayed locked like that. I had to hold down home+power+volume up for a while to get in the reboot menu to get out of it to restart.

Out of the hundred plus times using the Note 4 with Gear VR, this the first time having this issue. Hesitant of using it again.

pinhunter27

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
I haven't experienced the lock up after using. I have had it do that when first initiating vr. Removed phone clicked the x button then had to unlock the phone, reinserted on VR continued on with no issues.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I tried it again a few times with no similar issue. The Note 7 is much better than the Note 4 Gear VR combo. More bright, clear, vivid and slightly less screen door. I expected opposite since closer FOV. Thought slightly less screen door was a placebo, but smaller text is less obscured due to screen door. Perhaps the display spec info is not all smack talk.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae