Keyboard not auto replacing and offensive words can't be turned off?

Royal27

Apr 18, 2015
Visit site
Overall I'm liking my Note 7.

The Samsung keyboard, which I've always loked, seems to have two issues though.
1. auto replace doesn't work. it is turned on and the right suggestion is usually ,ade, but I have to tap the word. the space bar doesn't do it
2. no way to use voice to curse. LOL

Am I missing something? Amazing how they always seem to have these little issues.

Tarah Sorber

Trusted Member
Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
Overall I'm liking my Note 7.

The Samsung keyboard, which I've always loked, seems to have two issues though.
1. auto replace doesn't work. it is turned on and the right suggestion is usually ,ade, but I have to tap the word. the space bar doesn't do it
2. no way to use voice to curse. LOL

Am I missing something? Amazing how they always seem to have these little issues.

Go to settings language and keyboard go under Google voice settings. You can turn off block offensive words.

As far as auto correct. Mine doesn't work either. So I had to download SwiftKey.

Royal27

Apr 18, 2015
Visit site
I did that...

The problem is that it is forcing me to use Samsung voice to text, not Google. And no way to turn it off or change it that I can find? If I switch to the Google keyboard the voice to text doesn't block curse words, but on the Samsung keyboard it does. And of course I like the format of the Samsung keyboard better, so I'm stuck.

Will try swiftkey though. Thanks!

Justin Starnes

Sep 15, 2016
Visit site
Figured out the auto replace problem. It actually has to be turned on in 2 different places. In the keyboard settings like everyone is probably used to and also on the keyboard when it is on screen by pressing the arrow at the top right. My option to not block offensive words works fine though.

Screenshot_20160914-214116.jpg

Justin Starnes

Sep 15, 2016
Visit site
Settings > General Management > Language and input > Default Keyboard > Set Up Input Methods

Turn Samsung Voice input off here. If both Google voice typing and Samsung voice input are turned on here, samsung will override google.

BicepsBob

Oct 6, 2016
Visit site
Go to settings language and keyboard go under Google voice settings. You can turn off block offensive words.

As far as auto correct. Mine doesn't work either. So I had to download SwiftKey.

The problem with the auto-replace where it stops working when using the Samsung Keyboard [on the Note 7] has an easy fix.
When using the Samsung Keyboard, touch the gear icon next to the Sym key (or hold press that key until the gear key shows, then touch the gear). This takes you to the Samsung Keyboard settings screen. Touch the Predictive Text option. Next touch the Auto Replace option. Finally, touch English (US). Then make sure all the toggles are turned on, all the way back on each of those settings. That's it. Problem fixed. The problem is that the language selection gets reset to blank, which breaks the whole auto-replace system.
...but you will find out that even after fixing the problem, it comes back every few days. I don't know yet what causes the language setting to clear, but that would be a great question for the Samsung engineers.

I hope this helps...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34