S Voice or OK Google

Averix

May 17, 2010
Visit site
OK Google would be my recommendation. But the great thing about the phone is that you can try either one and decide for yourself. You aren't mandated to one choice like that other platform. ☺️

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
I haven't even tried s voice in the last couple of years.

Ok google is awesome. When it came out on the Motorola's it was way ahead of the competition!

mru007

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Though Samsung builds some of the most beautiful phones & displays out there, everyone knows & must admit that Google Now (Ok Google) is far better :D
(On a side note, I think that S Voice would have been helpful for users in China & surrounding smaller countries because Google was banned in those countries. The Galaxy phone users there definitely would have found S Voice better & maybe still be using it ;))

miyanc

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
I have s voice and google now, of course, but also downloaded cortana and hound. I am testing them. Nothing ground braking but so far I am not impressed with sound hound. The one thing its suppose to be great at is understanding your voice and complex commands. Twice I have tried to use it and it stumbled in key words. This is by no means any indication of the apps issues, I of course would find user error in my flawed experiment.

I haven't used any of these apps, but for a goof in the past. Keeping them active meant destroying my battery. So far I have been pleased with the note because I have kept most if not all features active all day. I don't yet have a car charger, or spare charger, so I have had to put it into defensive modes while traveling to make sure I still had battery. But that was because I was using pandora, maps and general use followed by note taker and such.

jshah500

Nov 2, 2013
Visit site
S Voice is the inferior cousin of OK Google that has issues because it's mom drank during pregnancy.

Related, have you tried cortana? She's pretty good too, but can't be activated by voice (correct me if I'm wrong).